Talk

Advanced search

debenhams Make up trial

(6 Posts)
Blahdeblah111 Fri 16-Jan-15 19:00:51

Hi all,
For Xmas I got £100 on a Debenhams gift card - which apparantly entitles me to a free cosmetics appointment - I was hoping to spend the money on some posh make up anyways. My problem is... which make up counter in Debenhams should I book the trial with??

I'm 26, and wanting some posh make up to wear when going out etc! I usually just buy from boots/superdrug so don't know where to start with the designer brands. I would've gone for MAC but Debenhams (or at least the one near me) don't do it.

saturnian Fri 16-Jan-15 19:01:54

i'd go for a urban decay nude palette one. they are fab and you could get a couple, would spend the other amount on skincare

saturnian Fri 16-Jan-15 19:02:21

think they do mac online, if you can spend your vouchers online.

Blahdeblah111 Fri 16-Jan-15 19:08:47

I already have Naked 3 by urban decay. I can spend the voucher online, but want to go to the trial so I can see which products to buy

LordEmsworth Fri 16-Jan-15 21:59:32

Most of the counters will do it for free anyway, or at least fee redeemable against purchase, so you could go to a couple...

Are there any particular products/looks you're after? Personally, about two thirds of my make up bag is Bobbi Brown, I like the polished but not too made up look.

Mac is great for colour. Lancome Hypnose is one of the best mascaras I've used. Clinique I quite like. Dior lipsticks are lovely, though Mac has the bigger range. Chanel I like but mostly because it has such a luxurious feel... I like some of the Benefit box sets too, and they're quite fun. In my experience, the Benefit ladies only do going-out looks, so they might be a good one for you...

Blahdeblah111 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:59:42

thanks so much for the tip! A couple of friends had suggested benefit so might give it a go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: