Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What would you wear on your arms with this dress?

(12 Posts)
RoseberryTopping Fri 16-Jan-15 17:50:51

I'm getting married in this dress in May, already got some glittery shoes and bag so just need something to put around my arms or shoulders in case it's a bit chilly.
What do you think would go?

Also how would you wear your hair with that dress? I have very thick just below shoulder length brown hair.

Thanks smile

ephemeralfairy Fri 16-Jan-15 18:33:26

Gorgeous dress! I love short wedding dresses, they make such a nice change from full-length/puffball.

I think any fairly structured cropped jacket/bolero would be nice, with short or elbow-length sleeves (maybe in a contrasting colour...?) Echoing the 50s/Dior New Look style of the dress.

WRT hair, I have very similar hair to you; I'd go for an up-do so as not to distract attention from the shoulders of the dress. Maybe a sort of modern/messy beehive or chignon. Either that or loose but poker straight and super-shiny.

ephemeralfairy Fri 16-Jan-15 18:35:06

Or a sort of wavy bob like Caroline Flack has at the moment...

WebstersMother Fri 16-Jan-15 19:28:03

How about a little fluffy cardi like the Dutchess of Cambrdge wore on the evening of her wedding day.

nilbyname Fri 16-Jan-15 19:35:01

I love that dress!

A cape would be cool.
A a vintage fur stole would also be great but might be a bit ott
I like the idea of a fluffy form fitting short cardigan
I also think your grooms suit jacket just worn on your shoulder would be uber glam and stylish for photos.

Hair I think up in a messy up do or in waves with a statement diamanté clip on one side.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Fri 16-Jan-15 19:38:24

Websters that's what I was going to suggest.

Fluffy cardigan, big blow dry. Maybe a diamonte hair slide thingy.

petitdonkey Fri 16-Jan-15 19:56:53

What a beautiful dress!! My vote goes to fur cape.

petitdonkey Fri 16-Jan-15 19:58:45

Are you okay with fur?? If you don't bid on this, I will!!

KiaOraOAotearoa Fri 16-Jan-15 20:07:11

What a beautiful dress!!!

Twinklestein Fri 16-Jan-15 20:48:56

Marabou shrug?

ephemeralfairy Fri 16-Jan-15 23:07:33

Yes a short cape!! (Capelet??) With a big face-framing collar.

RoseberryTopping Thu 22-Jan-15 13:27:22

Sorry for the very late reply!
It is a rather lovely dress isn't it smile I felt far too over dressed in the proper wedding dresses, this one feels much more fun.

Do you think a furry thing would work then? Or would a capelet look better? I'm terrible at fashion!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: