Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

joined gym (eek) recommend me a gym bag?

(36 Posts)
flux500 Fri 16-Jan-15 11:54:45

I am using today a canvas shopper bag thing but realise this is not ideal.

can anyone recommend their gym bag?

thanks everyone smile wink

AngelDreams Fri 16-Jan-15 11:56:08

marking my place

have you got a good gym towel? I'm waiting for a microfibre one to come

dinkystinky Fri 16-Jan-15 11:59:37

I have a gymtote bag (it was a birthday present) which I use during the week - looks like a normal capacious handbag but the bottom half of it is a gym bag in which I can chuck trainers, water bottle, gym kit and a small towel if needed. Is v handy as means I can head to gym from meetings and vice versa.

Before that I used a rucksack.

ZaraW Fri 16-Jan-15 12:02:49

A Rucksack works well for me as I cycle to the gym.

flux500 Fri 16-Jan-15 18:19:03

dinky going to look that up!

angel towel sounds good especially as mine I used today was big .. blush

queenbrunhilda Fri 16-Jan-15 18:28:55

A capacious 99p TK Maxx bag for life - can keep all my gym kit in there (perfect when you can't predict the temperature of the studio or is it just my gym that veers unpredictably between arctic and sub tropical?).

Got a brilliant microfibre towel fom Aldi this week too wink.

<Obvious cheapskate>.

peasandlove Fri 16-Jan-15 19:04:43

I have a stella mcartney for adidas one. Bit spendy though.
there was some recommendations in a thread in the exercise forum end of last year I'll see if I can find it and link

Wolfiefan Fri 16-Jan-15 19:09:18

Work play bags. They do a holdall style and a rucksack. Great.

Lardylassnomore Fri 16-Jan-15 19:24:57

There's a £2.99 gym bag on the h and m website however they have a really nice neoprane one in store( I hope) with handles and a shoulder strap that could double as a weekend bag.

CointreauVersial Fri 16-Jan-15 20:46:01

Sports Direct have all sorts of gym bags, functional and not expensive.

UncrushedParsley Fri 16-Jan-15 20:50:51

Don't laugh, but I have just bought one out of the Avon book. Quite well made, various pockets, including a zip-off one, and a section for gym shoes which is separate. Fits nicely in my locker, and looks pretty good not like it came from Avon

flux500 Sat 17-Jan-15 15:48:01

Oh my. I made the mistake of going on the gymtote website. I am in love with the Eva bag. dinky which one do you have? Is it massive?

flux500 Sat 17-Jan-15 15:51:55

uncrushed is it this one?

here

I like that one too. It goes well with my laptop bag.

You see the thing is right now I have 3 bags. My handbag (large birkin kind of thing) my laptop bag which is not one of those massive ones, but still another bag to carry, and then - now with the gym - another bag for gym stuff. Immediately the gymtote appeals as I could go down to just one bag - and I may be able to put my little macbook pro in there too but it is alot of £££ when - let's face it - the gym may last as long as some of my other 'intentions' blush

Tanaqui Sat 17-Jan-15 15:54:33

I bought a big zipped hold all in the accessorise sale, seems to fit it all in and looks pretty (shallow!!)

KatoPotato Sat 17-Jan-15 15:55:42

I was just about to say don't go spending £150 when you've only just joined! Why not set it as a target gift for yourself if you're still going in 6months time?

GingerCuddleMonster Sat 17-Jan-15 16:10:05

mine was £6 quid from sports direct a purple Lonsdale one, it fits in the locker, my clothes fit in it and it has a bag for my trainers inside. What an earth does a £150 quid gym bag do that another one won't lol

now my trainers that's another story grin.

flux500 Sat 17-Jan-15 16:11:08

Tanaqui would you mind letting me know which one you have? does it look like a gym bag? Had a quick look on their site and saw lots of bags but not sure if any equate to good gym bag.

kato My boyfriend suggested the same thing but I do think me struggling on the bus with 3 large bags every day may make me want to give up the gym just for that reason sad

flux500 Sat 17-Jan-15 16:12:35

ginger the £150 one would be my handbag and my gym bag. If I just bought a gym bag on it's own I would still have 3 bags everyday.

I'm wondering if I could but just a large handbag and fit everything in, but the wet towel would cause problems.

KatoPotato Sat 17-Jan-15 16:31:18

I wouldn't want a wet towel in my handbag with a macbook? Or spin shoes? (A good workout you'll get sweaty!) You could buy a shoe bag and a wet bag maybe? And have them all in a big tote?

KatoPotato Sat 17-Jan-15 16:33:35

Or that Avon one, you could slip your MacBook in a sleeve into that, because the shoes are in their own compartment... Then wear that cross body and just carry your nice sweat free handbag separate?

flux500 Sat 17-Jan-15 16:49:48

Kato I do like the wet bag idea and using a large tote - good thinking! smile. But yes, there may be scope to get a sleeve for the macbook and put that in a gym bag (one that has a closed off bit for wet stuff)

slug Sat 17-Jan-15 16:50:49

You need something like this

PrimalLass Sat 17-Jan-15 16:52:59

Wouldn't you be better to try and fit your MacBook into your handbag?

KatoPotato Sat 17-Jan-15 16:54:22

I'm getting far too invested in this flux, because I'm 23weeks pg and miss the gym and all the trappings!!!

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 17-Jan-15 17:03:25

I used to have a lovely Adidas Stella McCartney bag, but it was just too big (& only had a shoulder strap, no grab handles).
I've switched to a (black) kipling erasto:
http://m.kipling.com/uk-en/erasto-n-k1239058m00-999.html
which is ideal for me. I have a wet bag inside for wet/sweaty stuff and if I didn't have a stupidly bulky towel (hate the feel of microfibre) I'd have room for a laptop, etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: