Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

New bra after breastfeeding

(6 Posts)
Pointlessfan Fri 16-Jan-15 10:17:07

Not sure if I should ask this here or in infant feeding!
I have more or less stopped breastfeeding, just doing night feed and first thing in the morning. I am going back to work soon too.
I would very much like to ditch the horrible nursing bras as I don't need access now and buy some new ones.
Is it worth getting measured and getting some new bras or is my size likely to change again in a few weeks? I can't afford to spend a load of money then have to do it again in a month or so. I feel like the size has settled during the day at least!
Sorry if I've asked a silly question!

TeaAddict235 Fri 16-Jan-15 11:54:43

interested in the answers. am at the same point OP, but with 2 feeds during the day.

Thelovecats Fri 16-Jan-15 12:10:07

I fed just morning and night for about 8 months after my daughter turned 1, then dropped to one feed for another few months after that. At the beginning of that year I was back to pre pregnancy size, and by the end probably one cup size smaller. I don't know what would have happened after I stopped completely because I got pregnant again.
I wore underwired bras all the time with no problems at all.

Pointlessfan Fri 16-Jan-15 15:27:33

Thank you lovecats. If I'm likely to be the same size for a year then I'm definitely going bra shopping!
I think I might just buy a t shirt bra and a pretty one (think I deserve it after so long in maternity/nursing bras!) and see how I get on.

Thelovecats Fri 16-Jan-15 16:05:10

Just make sure you're fitted at somewhere good- bravissimo, john lewis etc. wired bras will prob be a diff size than you're used to wearing in nursing bras.

Pointlessfan Fri 16-Jan-15 18:35:45

Off to Bravissimo in the morning then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: