Talk

Advanced search

Long Tall Sally - quality?

(17 Posts)
BikeRunSki Thu 15-Jan-15 21:48:00

I am not excessively tall (5'8") but my height is in my back and I am fed up of having a gap between trousers and top. I'm thinking about getting some long sleeved t shirty tops from LTS. Are they any good?

DramaAlpaca Thu 15-Jan-15 23:47:47

I'm 5'10" with a long back so I've bought quite a few bits from LTS over the years. I've found the quality is very hit & miss, tbh. I have a couple of things I live in, but most of the things I've tried recently have gone back. I also think their stuff is very expensive for the quality, and I've pretty much given up on them now.

BikeRunSki Thu 15-Jan-15 23:52:26

Thank you! I had a feeling someone might say that. Boo!

Passthecake30 Fri 16-Jan-15 21:21:57

Gap Tall do jersey basics, I'm 6ft and they are a great fit. But they do have long arms- perhaps too long for you being 5ft8?

DramaAlpaca Fri 16-Jan-15 21:46:33

I agree, Gap's basics are good. I find the arms too long even at 5'10" with long arms, so maybe try sizing down?

fadingfast Fri 16-Jan-15 22:58:42

I'm a tall bird and I find Esprit good for casual tops and jumpers. Long sleeves and generous body length (measurements are all specified on the website). Free postage and returns too!

Millerpup Sat 17-Jan-15 02:06:22

I'm tall and have the same problem with tops. LTS has gone up in price and down in quality i gave up on them years ago.
I find the best place for vest tops t shirts to wear underneath clothing is Primark ! their vest tops and t shirts are lovely and long.
Joules jumpers and tops are also very generous in length, Mango also do some in great lenghts.
I hate shopping for clothes and shoes and know which shops to look in and what shops to avoid

islandmama Sat 17-Jan-15 02:51:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RingtheBells Sat 17-Jan-15 08:36:31

I've just ordered some stuff from LTS sale, I'm 5'10 and buy only sale stuff from there as then the price reflects the quality, I never pay full price.
The tops are sized quite large, I tried on the long T shirt tops on in store and the sleeves were very long, I'm a 14 and quite often have a small size or a 12 in LTS.

I have ordered the Fox and Rose jumpers, a couple of cheap top/tunics and the micro fleece jacket and am awaiting their delivery smile

RingtheBells Sat 17-Jan-15 08:39:46

I have very long arms for 5'10" and love GAP tall, also buy tops/coats from Dorothy Perkins tall and Next tall. I'm OK with normal shops long length trousers though (33" leg)

BikeRunSki Sat 17-Jan-15 09:22:47

Thank you. About to embark on Saturday swimming lesson madness, but will have a look tonight! I picked up a couple of cheap Primark Ts a voiple of days ago, but not holding out much hope for after I have washed them a couple of times.

I have a long back, ape arms and 8.5 feet, but comparatively diddy 32" inside leg.

arlagirl Sat 17-Jan-15 09:26:34

Esprit very good.
I would avoid LTS. Nothing special and overpriced.

thenightsky Sat 17-Jan-15 15:42:04

Can someone explain Esprit sizing please? Would a 12 by medium or small? Do they come up big or small generally?

Never bought from them before or even looked at their website until today and I like it!

Greencurtain Sat 17-Jan-15 15:59:34

LTS is overpriced but if you have a long body then getting the fit can be worth it.

Also read all reviews on their website for the item you are interested in. They are often really helpful.

Quality is hit and miss. Cut is hit and miss. But I cannot bear having cold wrists or my top not meeting trousers so I still buy their stuff. Their sale clearance ends tomorrow but often their sale stuff is the shittest of the shit!

farmlass Sat 17-Jan-15 16:02:33

Try tall girls .co .uk bit trendy but LONG.

rybka13 Thu 29-Jan-15 10:22:55

Not only me thinking that LTS is basicly overpriced, poor quality and crap. It remainds me of that designers joke (not politically correct though). "Big lass, wear a sack". Whoever designes their clothes believes that if you are tall you dress frumpy, mumsy and love to buy very expensive clothes of quality worse than big supermarkets own brands. And shoes...please don't mention shoes...I wear size 9 and I would rather buy of crossdressers website (sexy, big sizes, not too expensive)
[going to lay down in a dark room]

cheeseandcrackers Thu 29-Jan-15 11:19:53

LTS tends to be horrendous quality and very poor style. H&M are great for long tops that don't shrink in the wash. Next has a good tall section (online only I think ) but all my next tall tops have shrunk / unravelled hems so I'm not impressed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: