Advanced search

Serum for acne prone skin

(9 Posts)
Househunter Thu 15-Jan-15 21:17:13

I'm on month 3 of roaccutane and still getting nasty spots but my skin is very dry too. I am using a sample of clinique repairwear laser focus and I'm wondering if it may have precipated my current breakout. Does anyone have any recommendations for serums which don't break you out? (No 7 protect and perfect was terrible for this I recall). It doesn't necessarily have to be for dry skin as I won't be on roaccutane forever. Thanks.

NormHonal Thu 15-Jan-15 21:20:27

I love Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair.

I've had the Guinot serums used on me during facials and they seemed ok, but I have only used them as one-offs here and there.

Househunter Thu 15-Jan-15 21:22:15

I have lots of samples of the Estée Lauder night repair so could give it a go but is it suitable for use in the daytime? Not sure why it is specifically for night...

FourthMary Thu 15-Jan-15 21:24:17

I am prescribed zineryt for my spots and haven't found any serums which don't make things worse. I just slather on moisturiser.

Blanketontheground Thu 15-Jan-15 21:27:15

I've been using Trilogy Rosehop oil for a couple of weeks. It's cleared up my old dry spots and hydrated my skin. I'm usually quite oily but this has improved my skin. I was worried about putting oil on my oily skin at first.

Househunter Thu 15-Jan-15 21:46:40

I do have some rosehip oil but stopped using it when I had a terrible breakout. Always hard to know if it's related though... I've also been trying clarinet lotus oil. What I really want though is a daytime non oily serum as I'd only use oils at night or I go too shiny.

Shop Thu 15-Jan-15 22:33:26

Bravura Hylauronic serum is nice as is the Aldi q10 neither have caused me to have breakouts.
Superdrug have a new range for breakout prone skin called clearly youthful I think. I've not tried it yet but reviews seem good.

Househunter Thu 15-Jan-15 23:08:19

Thanks all. The superdrug serum is half price right now so think I'll try that in the first instance.

ZaraW Fri 16-Jan-15 08:57:14

I use Balance Me it's totally natural and my skin which breaks out with most moisturisers and serums seems to love this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now