Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

H&M Reccomendations

(7 Posts)
Deathraystare Thu 15-Jan-15 17:14:22

I have been given a voucher for H&M for my birthday. Online they seem to go up to my size. In the shops it is the old old story - just as in New Look - you have to really hunt down anything over a size 14 - loads and loads of small, 6s and 8s. There were some alright tshirty tops and some quite nice jumpers. I am in my 50s (55) and looking for something sober enough for work. Should I ever work again, that is. I am size 18-20. Anyone seem any tops that they think may be what I am looking for? I went to my local branch briefly yesterday but had quite a few bags of shopping with me so did not want to stay too long. I had a look at the bags but they were huge and I already have a few bags. No point looking at the shoes as I am a wide fit. I bought some make up brushes a few months ago and they shedded like mad.

JaneFonda Thu 15-Jan-15 17:49:48

My local H&M has a plus sized section - I can't remember what the line is called but from what I've seen they do some really nice stuff!

TranquilityofSolitude Thu 15-Jan-15 17:51:02

There was a link to a really nice scarf here a couple of days ago.

TranquilityofSolitude Thu 15-Jan-15 17:51:55

Here's the thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2280400-I-may-have-found-the-NEW-2015-Mumsnet-Scarf-for-7-99

jackydanny Thu 15-Jan-15 17:52:32

I think the line is Big is Beautiful...

I recommend socks, tights, vests and undies from H&M. They go on and on.

From what I have seen, the range is lovely.

mrscumberbatch Thu 15-Jan-15 17:52:53

Online is far better/easier.
I'm a 16/18 and have a lot of long line tops/tunics from h&m.
You need to watch out for transparency though- some items very thin!!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 15-Jan-15 17:55:34

Leggings and string vests (to.go under tops) are brilliant.

A lot of their jewellry is really nice.

Be warned their delivery takes forever! They do have really nice "home" stuff online.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: