Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

In search of the ultimate tinted moisturiser......update

(32 Posts)
LesleyKnopeFan Thu 15-Jan-15 16:59:45

I posted a thread asking for a replacement for my Benefit You Rebel which had started to make my skin react, I have dehydrated, pale, sensitive skin.

I have tried, thus far:

Body Shop BB cream in 00 : too dark for me, but nice consistency
Boots Botanics BB cream in light : lovely feel but too thick, more like a foundation and sits in wrinkles.

I've yet to try: Laura Mercier, Bobby Brown and MAC but I fear these will all be too thick and foundation-like too, plus an expensive mistake to make if wrong.

I really need recommendations for a very light, dewy and hydrating moisturiser.......help!

MilkThistle187 Thu 15-Jan-15 17:02:31

Try the M&S autograph tinted moisturiser, I always recommend it on these threads, it's great stuff smile

lavendersun Thu 15-Jan-15 17:03:43

I use No 7, this one:

www.boots.com/en/No7-Triple-Protection-Tinted-Moisturiser_1259576/

have used it for years, also dry, pale, sensitive skin.

Very light and somewhat hydrating but I tend to put my normal moisturiser on first and leave it ten minutes or so. I might be wrong but I am not sure there are many super hydrating tinted moisturisers out there.

Can you go into a big Boots or Dept store and ask for samples.

rookiemere Thu 15-Jan-15 17:03:51

Have you tried Liz Earle -[[ www.uk.lizearle.com/make-up/sheer-skin-tint-spf15.htm]]l?
It's very light, although even the pale is not very pale ifyswim.

LesleyKnopeFan Thu 15-Jan-15 17:08:55

I looked at the Boots one in store and thought it looked too dark and thick? The Liz Earle one is more expensive and I saw some reviews suggesting that was too thick too.

I will look at the M&S one though, hoping it is sheer.

MilkThistle187 Thu 15-Jan-15 17:10:42

It is sheer

InfantHercules Thu 15-Jan-15 17:12:05

Hey OP. I use the Laura Mercier one and don't find it heavy at all. I use it precisely because it isn't foundation-like. Am also quite pale. I guess getting a good colour match is really important. Good luck - these things are so important!!

polyhymnia Thu 15-Jan-15 17:24:29

Another Laura Mercier fan here. Also like Chantecaille but it's very pricy.

lavendersun Thu 15-Jan-15 17:36:27

The Boots one I have is in the 'fair' shade. Not dark (I am very pale). It is very sheer too when it is on.

I have used it for a v long time just because my skin is so sensitive and it doesn't mind it.

saturnian Thu 15-Jan-15 17:39:27

the no 7 one is good i also use the nars one and there isn't that much difference between them

LesleyKnopeFan Thu 15-Jan-15 17:41:00

Would you mind linking to the boots one or telling me the exact name, I think there's a few.

LesleyKnopeFan Thu 15-Jan-15 17:49:11

Oh dear, forgive me, I seemed to have missed the very obvious link above! Sorry! blush

Christhemoose Thu 15-Jan-15 17:53:21

Just a warning, the Bobbi Brown BB cream is both quite heavy and quite dark in the colour I have (light), it's only really ok for my pale skin in the summer when I have a bit of a tan.

LesleyKnopeFan Thu 15-Jan-15 17:53:34

The things that make me wary are the 'good coverage' comments. I really don't need much, if any, coverage, I'm very fortunate to have clearish skin.

I don't usually wear any makeup during the week, I just want something a bit 'spesh' for weekends and dull skin days.

Greengardenpixie Thu 15-Jan-15 17:54:36

I have olive skin and find that olay total effects with a touch of foundation really lovely. Makes your skin look great smile If you are pale, they do a fair one. It is so cheap on amazon. I got my latest one from there and it cost me just £8 including p&p!

Greengardenpixie Thu 15-Jan-15 17:56:06

I bought a bb cream from tesco and it was too dark for my skin so i just added some other moisturiser and blended them both together. It was fine and made me feel better that i hadnt wasted money!

Fleurchamp Thu 15-Jan-15 17:56:40

I LOVE my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, I had normal foundations as they are too heavy.

Definitely ask for them to try it out on you and see if they will give you a tester to try yourself.

It isn't cheap but I use it every day and a tube lasts about 3 months.

kormachameleon Thu 15-Jan-15 17:58:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 15-Jan-15 18:00:24

Nuxe is good, for a tinted moisturiser. For BB creams, La Roche Posay and Filorga are great.

Scotslasslivinginfrance Thu 15-Jan-15 18:27:34

Nars

Sleek

I love the Nars tinted moisturiser, light coverage blends really well and leaves a dewy finish, I then have to use a concealer if I have any blemishes. It doesn't make me look like I'm wearing makeup just makes my skin look healthy. Likewise I'm well chuffed with the Sleek CC Cream, I ordered after I heard good reviews but was sceptical! But I honestly think it's great given the price. It's a thicker consisted but blends in really well,I normally only wear on my t-zone.

I always use a moisturiser first otherwise my skin doesn't feel moisturiser enough.

Scotslasslivinginfrance Thu 15-Jan-15 18:29:46

Oh I meant to say, I used to use Laura Mercier TM and loved the finish but my skin was sensitive to it and I broke out is small spots around my chin. Whatever the ingredient that irritated my skin is not in the Nars one, I think it's the chemical sunscreen, pretty sure Nars use a physical sunscreen but couldn't be sure.

polyhymnia Thu 15-Jan-15 18:30:59

Just to agree the Laura Mercier one is definitely light. I wouldn't buy it if it gave at all heavy coverage as I neither need nor want that.

KikitheKitKat Thu 15-Jan-15 18:42:19

Lidl CC cream is as you describe and about £1.98 a tube.

BOFster Thu 15-Jan-15 18:42:33

I like the Aldi Lacura one, in Light, as it's very sheer and a good consistency. You certainly can't go wrong for the price- worth a try?

BadPoet Thu 15-Jan-15 18:53:00

Second the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint in the palest shade (which I find pale enough for me and I'm very pale!). The actual cream is rich and hydrating but the coverage very sheer and dewy. They do samples, John Lewis stocks it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: