Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Gadgets! Clinique, GhD Aura, Philiips Toothbrush - my haul over the last few months, and they all work!

(16 Posts)
Izzabelly Thu 15-Jan-15 15:51:51

Just wondering if any other gadget geeks are out there.
I'm a bit of convert to my Philips Sonicare diamond white toothbrush (I forked out on tooth whitening after DD2 was born) £58 reduced from something like £150 or some such amount I'd never pay.
Clinique sonic facial brush - £79 with face wash and dramatically different extra moisturising fluid - love this but my nostrils are a bit sore!
GhD Aura hairdryer (bought as a treat along with GhD curler and straightner from good old JL) this is fab and dries my hair quickly. Amazing.
My Fitbit which is showing me I burn 2,500 calories a day running around after DD1 and DD2
Gadgets not sure about...
Slendertone Face - only used a few times mind but wondering if it really works.

Gen35 Thu 15-Jan-15 16:23:42

Ooh I love gadgets. Was wondering about all of those! I bought a Scholl velvet feet machine and wasn't blown away recently

Fabulassie Thu 15-Jan-15 16:48:02

I do love my Boots No 7 brush (similar to the Clarison/Clinique ones.) Pretty chuffed with my Babyliss Big Hair, although I don't use it all that often. Glad I invested in GHD's.

coffeenut Fri 16-Jan-15 04:46:39

Was given ghds for christmas and CANNOT imagine life without them now. Have had 3 types of straightener before these and none of them in the same ballpark as the ghd.

Was also given the clinique sonic face brush. Not used yet as i have sensitive skin and it scares me!!

ZammoMcGuire Fri 16-Jan-15 06:08:34

Fitbit. The novelty so wears off

ZammoMcGuire Fri 16-Jan-15 06:08:52

Plus / I never knew people still use straighteners!

ZaraW Fri 16-Jan-15 06:45:46

I got the Philips diamond white toothbrush it's ok but I went back to using my old electric Oral B my teeth feel cleaner and prefer the round brush head cleans between my teeth better.

Innocentbystander01 Fri 16-Jan-15 06:53:18

I love my fitbit smile. I also want to try the steampod straighteners.

Monocerus Fri 16-Jan-15 07:00:36

Fitbit love hasn't worn off yet for me and it's been over 2 years.

This year my favorite gadget has been the Curl Secret.

Chocolategirl7 Fri 16-Jan-15 18:45:18

Ghd straighteners although I am trying to embrace the curls. And my babyliss big hair. Would take those to a desert island (as long as they had electric!). Got a Clinique sonic for Christmas which I'm quite liking but not sure it would make my list yet!

mowglik Sat 17-Jan-15 01:39:41

Zammo - are you making that straighteners comment just for the sake of it?? Seriously?

I love gadgets too, I have the clarisonic which works really well with cetaphil cleanser and I have the same diamond sonic toothbrush thing my teeth feel amazing after just wish I had the discipline to use it more often

Armpitt Sat 17-Jan-15 16:18:23

straighteners are a lot bit 1990s

DomiKatetrix Sat 17-Jan-15 20:44:46

Really? Pretty much everyone I know uses straighteners. Better to be a bit '90s' than walk around with shit hair.

PrimalLass Sun 18-Jan-15 09:19:15

Was also given the clinique sonic face brush. Not used yet as i have sensitive skin and it scares me!!

So do I and it is fine. It has transformed my skin.

hmm to the straighteners comment.

PrimalLass Sun 18-Jan-15 09:21:10

And as ghd was not founded until 2001 they can't be a lot bit 1990s

arlagirl Sun 18-Jan-15 09:30:04

I have Clarisonic brush and love it....have very sensitive skin but no reaction.
Am toying with a water flosser after a thread on here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: