Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Dressing for a new business meeting - advice required!

(3 Posts)
Stressing Wed 14-Jan-15 11:02:52

Morning. I need some style advice please! I have a new business meeting soon and it's vital I look the part. I am late 30s and am a size 10, 5'5. My body shape is slim build, but apple shaped if I put on weight. I can wear skirts but they have to be either very long, on the knee or short (which I wouldn't attempt!) but tend to stick to trousers.

I will be meeting with men in their 40s and 50s and am likely to be the only woman out of four or five. They are all high-level directors and marketeers.

I don't want to look dreary as I'm supposed to be the creative. I also don't want anything tight or girly. For instance a black skirt and heals look would be too obvious, too corporate or too 'PA' like I feel. Also, I need to be really professional so can't go smart-casual.

I was thinking dark straight leg trousers with a strong coloured cashmere jumper and some mid-wedge heals and a scarf??

This is hard! Can anyone give me some pointers/opinions please? Also, to add to the misery there is a fairly stringent budget in place!

Thank you.

RaisingSteam Wed 14-Jan-15 11:19:07

Outfit sounds great but definitely a jacket as well (just a blazer from ebay would do) and good colours. That way you will look smart enough but also interesting.

Stressing Wed 14-Jan-15 12:10:42

thanks raising. I agree jacket is important.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: