Advanced search

Dressing for a new business meeting - advice required!

(3 Posts)
Stressing Wed 14-Jan-15 11:02:52

Morning. I need some style advice please! I have a new business meeting soon and it's vital I look the part. I am late 30s and am a size 10, 5'5. My body shape is slim build, but apple shaped if I put on weight. I can wear skirts but they have to be either very long, on the knee or short (which I wouldn't attempt!) but tend to stick to trousers.

I will be meeting with men in their 40s and 50s and am likely to be the only woman out of four or five. They are all high-level directors and marketeers.

I don't want to look dreary as I'm supposed to be the creative. I also don't want anything tight or girly. For instance a black skirt and heals look would be too obvious, too corporate or too 'PA' like I feel. Also, I need to be really professional so can't go smart-casual.

I was thinking dark straight leg trousers with a strong coloured cashmere jumper and some mid-wedge heals and a scarf??

This is hard! Can anyone give me some pointers/opinions please? Also, to add to the misery there is a fairly stringent budget in place!

Thank you.

RaisingSteam Wed 14-Jan-15 11:19:07

Outfit sounds great but definitely a jacket as well (just a blazer from ebay would do) and good colours. That way you will look smart enough but also interesting.

Stressing Wed 14-Jan-15 12:10:42

thanks raising. I agree jacket is important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now