Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

The White Company dressing gown, so disappointed

(13 Posts)
Naicecuppatea Wed 14-Jan-15 09:24:09

I got a towelling dressing gown from TWC for Christmas. It has so many threads hanging from it, one of which I pulled thinking it was a loose one and now there is an obvious thin patch on the front of it. It is also very thin towelling. It can't have been cheap - I thought they were meant to be good quality! Really disappointed. I will take it back for a refund, but need to find a better replacement now!

Apatite1 Wed 14-Jan-15 09:31:46

I don't find the quality at white company at all satisfactory, not sure why they are so popular as it's all overpriced poor quality or just ok quality stuff. Definitely take it back for a refund. I'd head to john Lewis for better.

LizzieMint Wed 14-Jan-15 09:34:04

I got a lovely thick dressing gown from m&s just before Christmas. I hate the fleece ones so was looking for towelling, but more substantial than a single layer. This is two layers and really fluffy. And long which is important too! It was £30 I think

chopinbabe Wed 14-Jan-15 12:29:30

Yes, I looked at TWC dressing gown just before Christmas but though it was too expensive for what it was. I bought one from M&S...cream with a central zip and a hood. It has washed very well and is really cosy.

Siarie Wed 14-Jan-15 12:34:09

That's strange, I have a TWC dressing gown which I bought back in 2013 and it's still perfect. Really great quality, it was one of their range with the hood although they may well have changed things now.

I also find their items to usually be of good quality personally and if there ever is anything wrong then they always refund/replace. I have bought lots of The little white company too and those are all really great.

Siarie Wed 14-Jan-15 12:36:39

Just had a look at my robe was one of their most expensive ones, maybe thats why it's lasted. But I would expect the same quality for their more classic robes too!

Oly4 Wed 14-Jan-15 14:55:27

I buy loads from the White Company and am never disappointed by their quality. I have their hooded velour robe from this season and its wearing really well, plus several from previous seasons that wash brilliantly. I buy a lot of their clothes for myself and for the dc and have always been pleased by how long things last. I have heard, however, that their customer service wen things do go wrong is not brilliant. Why don't you take the gown to a store and show them/call customer services? Tell them you started a discussion on mumsnet about their quality and will report the results. I would!

MrsMcGregor Wed 14-Jan-15 15:01:56

DS got the cotton boys gown last year ... it is so scruffy now, really disappointing. On the ther hand, DT's have little velour dressing gowns bought maybe 3 years ago and they're still perfect.

MrsMcGregor Wed 14-Jan-15 15:02:32

Have you phoned Customer Services? No harm in doing so.

Lucked Wed 14-Jan-15 16:20:54

I got one and it was much thinner than expected but I love the length. I do think it was overpriced.

Naicecuppatea Wed 14-Jan-15 17:23:13

Thanks all, I've emailed Customer Services so we'll see.

Famousfor5 Wed 14-Jan-15 17:35:33

I've got a summer dressing gown from there bought as a gift. It was £50 and is total crap. No pockets, too small to cover properly at the front in a large and I'm a size 10. The biggest rip off ever. You would get better in Primark for under a tenner.

santamarianovella Wed 14-Jan-15 17:44:00

I buy loads of stuff from them, bed linens, towels, pjs for the kids, and I have a beautiful cashmere dressing gown from them, happy with everything, no quality issues whatsoever, the kids pjs in particular are excellent quality, very well made.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: