Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help me find something for my 40th

(3 Posts)
wheresthedummy Wed 14-Jan-15 08:41:59

I'll be going for dinner and then on to a live music venue. I haven't been shopping or out (!) for a year and am still carrying baby weight - six month old twins here. Most of the weight is on my tummy, so still look a bit pregnant and struggling to find anything to wear that will flatter. Pre pregnancy size I would have worn black skinnies and a dressy top. Would still like something similar to feel like my old self. Must be online as cant get to shops! Any suggestions please? I'd guess I'm a 12/14 now with a baby belly. TIA!

FlossyMoo Wed 14-Jan-15 12:58:22

I think you could still wear skinnies and a dressy top OP.

If you choose a loose fitting top it will hide your tum. smile

ELSR30 Wed 14-Jan-15 14:46:57

I have similar problems as I also have twin babies. I find Spanx make a big difference (the ones that look like cycling shorts and go up to bra level. Have tried own brand versions but haven't had as good results). I tend to wear jeggings from DP as they look like skinny jeans and the waist is more comfortable for my apple shape. A top that is floaty (I.e doesn't cling to the mummy tummy) and a soft jacket or leather jacket maybe with a statement chunky necklace?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: