Advanced search

Is there a cheaper alternative to Eve Lom Cleanser?

(11 Posts)
WhereIsMyFurryHat Tue 13-Jan-15 23:06:56

I would live to try eve lom cleanser but it's a bit budget stretching for me. Are there any good alternatives? I have been using liz Earle C&P but it's not really working for me anymore.

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

goodasitgets Tue 13-Jan-15 23:43:22

I adore balmology neroli cleanser. That's not mega cheap but it lasts and smells incredible
Clinique take the day off balm which is an unscented one
REN hot cloth cleanser

Carpaccio Wed 14-Jan-15 01:57:04

Clinique Take the Day Off is nice.
Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter is nice too, it's very similar to the Clinique one but scented.

None of them leave a film on the skin.

There's also one from Boots Botanics which has decent reviews, but I personally do not rate it as it leaves a film on the skin and seemed to cause quite a few spots on my face.

ForSaleChesterDraws Wed 14-Jan-15 05:30:12

I bought the boots balm one over yhe weekend and its gone straight in the bin. Horrid stuff leaving a film on my face.
Have a look at Caroline Hirons. She's addicted to balm cleansers and has lots of reviews of them. Have you tried Emma hardies balm cleanser?

diggerdigsdogs Wed 14-Jan-15 05:31:44

I didn't like the Ren hot cloth cleanser. It stung my eyes which is useless if you want to remove make up

massistar Wed 14-Jan-15 11:26:00

I really like the Clinique one although have gone back to Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm which is my favourite. Not that much cheaper than the Eve Lom though!

coffeenut Wed 14-Jan-15 11:39:34

I really dont understand paying loads for a cleanser. Spend your money on serums & treatments & beautiful makeup.

I use Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser, double cleanse, once with a cloth.

Quangle Wed 14-Jan-15 11:53:24

I've had really nice results with Bee Good Honey and Propolis cleanser which they sell in Waitrose. It's about a tenner which is expensive but I like it a lot. It's a hot cloth one (or as my mum would say, you get a free flannel!)

WhereIsMyFurryHat Wed 14-Jan-15 11:54:59

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at some of the recommendations.

Coffeenut, it's about all I can manage to cleanser and moisturise. I have no interest in serums etc so they would be a complete waste of my money as opposed to a cleanser that I'll use daily.

Sunbeam18 Wed 14-Jan-15 12:55:40

I like Elemis cream cleansers - using the rose one at the moment

TheSpottedZebra Wed 14-Jan-15 14:40:02

The Superdrug ones are also loved by lots of people on here -I like the one in the green Naturally Radiant range, but there's another in the Vit E range, better for dryer skins I think? At just a few quid, worth a try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now