Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone done DIY lowlights?

(4 Posts)
Lagoonablue Tue 13-Jan-15 22:45:16

Used to have mix of blonde highlights and darker streaks at hairdresser. My hair is going very grey though and the blonde now seems supercilious. I need the darker slices to break up the grey.

Soo expensive to get this done every 6 weeks. I used a root touch up pen to colour a few streaks in tonight and thought I could use a lowlight kit if such a thing exists.

Anyone tried this?

Lagoonablue Tue 13-Jan-15 22:46:14

Superfluous not supercilious.

LadyB49 Tue 13-Jan-15 23:15:57

I wouldn't even think of doing a permanent job by myself. You might get them uneven, the colour may be wrong etc. If you go to a salon you have someone to return to if you aren't happy with the result.

With lowlights do they really need done as often as every 6 weeks. I get them done every 12 weeks.

Lagoonablue Wed 14-Jan-15 06:37:19

The grey shows within 6 weeks. My hair is looking whiter and whiter. Thanks for reply.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: