Advanced search

Bra experts! Bra rubs between boobs

(14 Posts)
schmalex Tue 13-Jan-15 17:36:06

I've done the intervention and gone from a 32D to a 30F. Got fitted in Bravissimo and I think I'm wearing the right size, but I find that the underwiring on the bras I've bought tend to rub me between my boobs. Is it the style / cut?

How do you mean rubs between the boobs? is it digging in and giving you a red bit, is it moving up and down, are your boobs moving inside the cups...?

LadyB49 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:58:49

I was recently fitted in store in bravissimo, the fit is perfect ...but...I've also found one of the wires is digging in between the boobs leaving a red mark. I'm hoping it will ease with a few wearings as it's a hike to the store. Meantime I'm using a cotton wool pad for protection.

marriednotdead Tue 13-Jan-15 21:27:28

That sounds like a style issue in both cases. What brand/style of bra was it?

schmalex Tue 13-Jan-15 21:53:08

It's digging in and giving me a red bit.
I have one Cleo Panache and one other (can't remember off the top of my head). Both balconette style.

LadyB49 Tue 13-Jan-15 22:42:38

Mine is Fleur bra 38H
It was the only bra in the store that fitted, i.e. at the sides not poking my under arm etc.

PinkElephants79 Tue 13-Jan-15 22:47:55

I had the exact same issue with a Cleo Panache. Unfortunately ended up going back and trying a few different sizes before concluding the style just doesn't work on my shape (32D as well pre-intervention now 28E/F) Have found that the plunge-style bras at Bravissimo are the best on me - have a Freya Deco and Bravissimo branded one which are both far comfier and a better fit

schmalex Wed 14-Jan-15 05:53:01

Thanks pink, I was thinking it was the style that was the problem. Maybe I need to give a plunge a try.

LadyB49 Wed 14-Jan-15 10:05:57

My concern is that if the Fleur bra does not ease and stop digging in between my boobs .....And this is the only bra\style that fitted......does it mean that Bravissimo are unable to fit me with a bra.

marriednotdead Sun 18-Jan-15 18:22:46

Panache and Cleo are known for their longer, more sharply curved wires, would be interested to know what the other style was.

If the Fleur is only digging between the breasts, it sounds likely that some Fantasie (or their sister brand Elomi) styles may be better, assuming that you didn't get on with the Bravissimo plunges. I'd return it and try a Fantasie Belle in a 36H first. It's not such a forward shape but won't kill you smile

poorbuthappy Sun 18-Jan-15 20:57:54

So glad I read your comment marriednotdead I have the Panache superbra (I think) and the ends of the bloody wires are soooo sharp!

The superbra is one I have found particularly vicious! I can generally wear most Cleo, which are longer than other brands but not quite as bad as some of the Panache which I think would go half way through my armpit

LadyB49 Sun 18-Jan-15 21:38:15

Happy to say that Fleur appears to have stopped digging in and is now good. At the original fitting I tried the Fantasie Belle in various sizes without success. Size or shape...neither worked for me.
So glad to have found Fleur.

KristinaM Mon 19-Jan-15 00:46:02

Im a 30FF and usually wear balconnettes styles . I can't wear panache bras at all as the wires dig in badly in the centre . I can get quite a bad red mark from just trying them on in the shop. I agree it's the shape of the wires .

My boobs are quite close together - I have to scoop the opposite way from most other mumsnetters ! So perhaps I just don't have enough space for the gore to sit correctly .

I find that Freya and fantasie bras in general fit me much better . Plunge styles like the Freya Deco are no use as I fall out the middle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now