Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

how can I remove a corn on the side of my foot?

(10 Posts)
beyondthehill Tue 13-Jan-15 12:01:47

I've had it for years now and ignored it as I generally ignore my feet, but it is getting bigger and can be painful. Is it possible to cut it out at home? (I have no other health problems). I have tried corn plasters but they don't work.

leedy Tue 13-Jan-15 12:39:56

I'd go to a chiropodist/podiatrist if medicated corn plasters with salicylic acid haven't worked (I used the Compeed ones for a possible-corn/possible-verruca and they worked a treat). Do not gouge chunks out of your feet at home!

beyondthehill Tue 13-Jan-15 12:47:29

Thanks leedy. I am so tempted to chop it out but a bit scared!

Paperblank Tue 13-Jan-15 22:20:50

Definitely go to see a chiropodist.

I ended up with a lovely infection in my toe after trying to gouge a corn out!

Petal02 Wed 14-Jan-15 16:12:10

Yes, definitely agree you should see a chiropodist - then you'll get the right bit chopped out !!!

hauntedhenry Wed 14-Jan-15 16:35:56

See a chiropodist. They will sort it out and your feet will feel amaaaazing!

HermioneWeasley Wed 14-Jan-15 20:37:06

Or you could ignore the sensible advice and buy a corn knife from the chemist and slowly pare it away, over a couple of nights to make sure you don't hack too deep in one go.

Lifesalemon Wed 14-Jan-15 21:45:20

I had a corn that I used to have treated professionally every month but it was painful again after a couple of weeks and I couldn't afford to have it done more often. I bought a knife from boots that looked a bit like a potato peeler. I used it every other day for a few weeks after i had soaked my feet and the corn has disappeared. I use it now just occasionally if I feel any discomfort from hard skin in that area. I would recommend it but like weasley said, take it slowly. The way the knife is designed you would be very unlikely to cut yourself but it may be sore if you overuse it.

GoneGirlGone Wed 14-Jan-15 23:02:56

The Superdrug corn pads plaster things are brilliant. Better than Compeed.

Littlepumpkinpie Wed 14-Jan-15 23:35:35

Behind the counter in boots ask for Salactol it's in a little green box with white writing on it. Got rid of mine in a matter of weeks it's had been there years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: