Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Shoes for cigarette trousers?

(7 Posts)
RainbowInACloud Mon 12-Jan-15 18:31:16

I have a lovely pair of cigarette trousers but what shoes should I wear with them?
Pumps in summer maybe but too cold for that now.
I have 2 pairs of brogues- would they work and if so, should I wear socks as the trousers finish ankle level.
Or ankle boots?
Thanks

justabigdisco Mon 12-Jan-15 18:34:54

I wear brogues with those funny footlet socks (the ones that just cover your toes and so don't show)

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 12-Jan-15 18:38:40

I wear heels with (gasp!) popsocks, or ankle boots with socks.

emilystrange2013 Mon 12-Jan-15 19:09:25

Ooh I would love some suggestions (sorry to hijack thread!)

christinarossetti Mon 12-Jan-15 23:16:40

I've got a friend who wears brogues and proper cotton socks ie not pop socks with cigarette trousers.

Colour either matches the shoes or the trousers, and it looks smart and warm.

TheCraicDealer Tue 13-Jan-15 00:13:35

I <3 pop socks.

Having said that, if the trousers are wooly then sometimes the friction causes your trews to bunch after sitting down. Particularly if you are large of girth calf-wise like moi. Wish I could carry off jazzy socks and trousers but my boss would probably tell me to go home and change and stop dressing like an Oxford don sad

RainbowInACloud Tue 13-Jan-15 00:34:53

Ah pop socks are a consensus. Are they meant to be seen or hidden? Is any pop sock on show a faux pas?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: