Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Rag and Bone Harrow boots sizing

(12 Posts)
dotsanddashes Mon 12-Jan-15 16:31:04

I've just ordered these

www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Rag-and-bone/Harrow-glossed-leather-ankle-boots/550935

I went for a whole size larger than normal as advised, but has anyone have these, or tried them, and know if this is true or not?

thanks!

santamarianovella Mon 12-Jan-15 16:42:28

I tried them last year, they run small,but I think a whole size is a bit too big, I just tried a half size bigger and they fit.

dotsanddashes Mon 12-Jan-15 16:51:21

Interesting, thank you smile

catacats Mon 12-Jan-15 20:54:32

I think you'll be ok. I have them in the black suede with brown leather straps love them so comfy. I am usually a 37 sometimes a 38. I think my proper size is 37.5 but can't get them in most shoes.
I got 38.5 and they are perfect, so yes a full size up should be about right,even if they are a little big you can wear thicker socks plus you need a little room to get them on iykwim as they have no zip to help ease your foot in.��

dotsanddashes Mon 12-Jan-15 23:28:29

Thank you.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 13-Jan-15 15:56:19

The most uncomfortable boots ever. And definitely small to size.

santamarianovella Tue 13-Jan-15 16:04:15

mrsCB, I dithered between the harrows and marant crisi, loved the look of both boots but went with marant instead because,I've read some discouraging reviews about the R&b ,

dotsanddashes Tue 13-Jan-15 17:40:23

Yeah, I read the bad reviews too. To be honest, it was a bit of an impulse purchase (made it 12 days before breaking that NY resolution. Doh). I don't wear heels that much, but have admired these since they came out a few years ago, and need a smarter pair of boots, so when I saw them at the price, I thought I'd give them a go. They are going back if they are not 100% perfect though!

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 13-Jan-15 18:52:35

I've ordered them twice and returned both times as just too uncomfortable. I have acne colts which are much better. There's just something about the structure of them that is odd.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 13-Jan-15 18:53:10

It is a shame though as I love the look of them.

dotsanddashes Tue 13-Jan-15 20:38:00

Maybe the fact they are badly fitting is why they are back in stock in all sizes on the Outnet, they sold out almost straight away when they first went on.

Thank you both for your comments, too late to cancel the order, but at least I will have scratched an itch and got them on my feet, even if only to box them up and send them straight back after!

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 14-Jan-15 06:09:27

I had to do that too - umm twice blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: