Talk

Advanced search

HELP :'-(

(7 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 12-Jan-15 15:57:05

I'm totally stuck in a style rut and I feel rubbish! Ok so I'm 1.5 stone over the weight I should be (where all my clothes fit!!!) I'm working on that bit. I've got a night out coming up and I have no idea what to wear. Everything I own either doesn't fit or is just bloody boring!!!! I seem to wear the same rubbish style stuff over and over again. Can anyone inspire me with some new ideas? I'm 33 (for a little while longer anyway) and also really struggling to find stuff that isn't frumpy and boring but isn't too young and tarty. I'm hating my arms, belly and legs at the moment too because of the extra weight. I'd usually go for a skinny jean, blouse and blazer combo but it's just so BORING!!!!! HELP!!!

I'm 5ft 5 and a huge arse pear shape by the way if that helps.

mrsdimmock Mon 12-Jan-15 16:12:40

OK so maybe a cheapy black dress from ASOS will sort you out - I love their stuff for getting inspiration:

Kimono wrap dress, maximising curves...
kimono dress

Pencil dress with long arms - wear with some big statement gold necklace to draw the eye.. slimming as its black
pencil black dress

Really flattering cut & not clingy..
relaxed fit dress

All of these you could glam up or down with heels or shoe boots... wear with cardi to soften or blazer for glam.

sweetheart Mon 12-Jan-15 16:37:54

I try not to wear black generally as a rule (colour analysis many moons ago said I shouldn't wear it so I've avoided it ever since) but some of your dresses come in other colours so I'll give them a go. Feedback on them.....
I like the style of the kimono dress but usually try to stay fitted on top because where my bottom half is so much bigger if I go baggy on top it makes me look huge all over.
Pencil dress - I have several lumps and bumps that would probably bulge out in it.
Relaxed fit dress - I really like this but it says the model is 5ft 9! So it would probably end up being almost floor length on a short arse like me.

mrsdimmock Mon 12-Jan-15 16:59:13

How about this green one, fitted on top & tulip skirt - in the petite range?

Where are you going? Where do you usually shop? What colours do you like?

sweetheart Tue 13-Jan-15 15:59:53

Sorry forgot about this. We are just going up to the pub, nothing fancy so doesn't have to be too dressy. I usually shop at H&M, New Look, ASOS (shop probably look to shop somewhere a bit more age appropriate!)

I like neutrals so browns / blues / cream / grey
Accent colours are usually pinks / raspberry / aubergine / sometimes teal
I'm not very adventurous!

I'd love to wear a tulip skirt but the extra fabric around the hip area just accentuates by pearness :-(

I think all of the dresses so far are probably too dressy, or maybe too 'worky' then.

If you're happy with skinny jeans, how about trying an over the knee jersey skirt, with opaques and boots or heels and then a loose blouse over it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: