Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

What do you wear under tops like this?

(9 Posts)
Iamblossom Mon 12-Jan-15 10:43:34

I really like this but struggle to know what to wear underneath. I am quite booby, and a crew neck t-shirt wouldn't look right - a v neck one would be better but still not great. I have a couple of shirts, but not many, as button up ones tend to gape unless I buy them 2 sizes too big. And I wouldn't want to wear a shirt too thick as I think I would be too hot!

What would you suggest?


beanandspud Mon 12-Jan-15 12:34:33

What about a very fine knit long-sleeved top, perhaps in a slightly 'drapey' fabric?

frankietwospots Mon 12-Jan-15 16:30:00

A scoop neck Breton?

Eastpoint Mon 12-Jan-15 16:32:22

I think Boden doesn't work on booby people, if it fits the shoulders it stops too short. I think a scoop neck would be good, Uniqlo?

TheHappinessTrap Mon 12-Jan-15 16:51:02

Hm, I'd say it calls for spaghetti straps but that might not siut your chat.

TheHappinessTrap Mon 12-Jan-15 16:53:13

Ahem, i mean suit your chest?

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 12-Jan-15 18:34:59

Plain scoop neck top

Or maybe a really thin polo neck like this? The drape of the cardigan thing over it should balance out high neck induced norkage issues.

Iamblossom Mon 12-Jan-15 19:50:33

Thankyou I like the look of the scooped neck t-shirts, don't own any of them....

Eastpoint Mon 12-Jan-15 22:30:28

American Vintage does them but they wear badly. I often pick up good shaped t-shirts from The Outnet (online cheap old season website for Net a Porter). I've also bought them from Joseph in the sales in the past.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: