Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

First birthday party dress

(13 Posts)
Feathernest Sun 11-Jan-15 22:48:49

Just wondering if anyone can help with some ideas of where to buy something lovely for my DD? I've just got this delivered, but it doesn't look nice enough for the price really www.thewhitecompany.com/sale/the-little-white-company/baby-girls-pleat-waist-tutu-dress/. I'd like something special but not OTT (if that makes sense!), pretty, but not tacky. I've been looking online but only seems to be the tail end of the Christmas stuff about and little new stock.

She's tall, but skinny so m&s for example usually just hangs off her, dark hair and eyes (pretty damn gorgeous grin biased)

Many thanks shopping gurus

nancy75 Sun 11-Jan-15 22:58:02

Tricky at this time of year as most shops just have the end of the sale stuff left. I would try Monsoon, John Lewis, I used to buy dd lots of stuff from a make called mayoral, it is Spanish but sold in the UK. Sometimes Debenhams have the odd nice thing - have a look at the Ted baker range

OldRoan Sun 11-Jan-15 23:07:01

I came on to say the Ted. Baker range. This dress is sweet.

Uniqlo is lovely, but not really very party-ish I suppose.

nancy75 Sun 11-Jan-15 23:13:40

I was just looking at that dress oldroan, it looks nice and partyish but still looks like it would be comfortable.

Feathernest Sun 11-Jan-15 23:31:01

That is lovely, thank you, it's a really pretty shape. I just wish they wouldn't put the flipping name of the designer of the skirt, cheeky free advertising! Thank you for all your help

slithytove Sun 11-Jan-15 23:47:32

www.mothercare.com/Baby-K-Stripe-and-Spot-Dress/682067,default,pd.html

slithytove Sun 11-Jan-15 23:49:51

www.mamasandpapas.com/product-girls-pale-pink-frill-dress/s0013078/type-s/

slithytove Sun 11-Jan-15 23:50:54

www.mamasandpapas.com/product-girls-purple-spot-dress-cardi-and-tights-set/s0013151/type-s/

slithytove Sun 11-Jan-15 23:52:33

uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_3,mon_3.1,mon_3.1.1/7158122609

slithytove Sun 11-Jan-15 23:54:07

www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-oldergirls-gender-youngergirls-category-dresses-0

AnnabellesMumXx Mon 12-Jan-15 00:45:48

I always find nice baby dresses in tk maxx think it's usually a brand called American princess x

Feathernest Mon 12-Jan-15 20:21:34

Great, thanks so much everyone! Love that mamas & pappas one especially

slithytove Tue 13-Jan-15 12:48:14

Which dress did you opt for in the end? Can you tell I'm a tad invested with baby girl clothes? I have a 4mo Dd and can't buy anything for her for another year or so as I'm just inundated with clothes, but I'm so looking forward to it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: