Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Alternative to kerastase forcintense?

(6 Posts)
pod3030 Sun 11-Jan-15 22:13:38

I had been regularly using kerastase forcintense but it looks like it's been discontinued. Is there a repair replacement/alternative? My hair is naturally red but i home blonde it and it's sad and poorly shock

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sun 11-Jan-15 22:58:42

Have you tried Masquintense? I swear by it - I use the fine hair version and it magically thickens and smooths my highlighted frazzled hair. There's a thick hair version of it too.

pod3030 Sun 11-Jan-15 23:05:47

Ooh no I haven't, I'll try it. It was just nice having an intense repair that actually gave results, why do they always discontinue stuff you come to rely on?thanks for the suggestion.smile

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Sun 11-Jan-15 23:44:57

Have you discovered coconut oil, too? It's great for damaged hair, especially blonde. Buy a pot of pure organic coconut oil (available from Tesco food dept) and apply to dry hair and leave to soak in, either just the ends or all over, then wash and condition as normal. It really strengthens hair as it's packed full of protein. Hair loves it. Cheap as chips and the most effective repair product on the market grin

pod3030 Tue 13-Jan-15 23:43:58

Wow I never thought of coconut oil, I'd heard of it but wasn't sure what you used it for. Thanks grin

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 14-Jan-15 11:57:45

The Age Recharge (green pot) and Aqua Oleum (little individual treatment bottles you spray on) are good. I recently bought the new Elixir Ultime masque and that's lovely too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: