Talk

Advanced search

How do you remove your cleanser

(8 Posts)
pussinboots61 Sun 11-Jan-15 20:49:20

Do you use cotton wool, muslin cloth or flannel, wash with hands or a face wipe?

frankietwospots Sun 11-Jan-15 20:52:59

I do:

Face wipe first
Apply cleanser (Superdrug Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser)
Remove with muslin cloth soaked in warm water

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sun 11-Jan-15 21:02:35

I use a clean flannel. I have loads of them. Just chuck them in with the towel wash. I have my bath or shower them stand by the sink and wash my face, wipe it off with a flannel rinsing out after each wipe. Repeat with face scrub a couple of times a week. Then facial oil. Put moisturiser on later.

Kittykat7 Mon 12-Jan-15 03:35:52

I use damp cotton wool pads. I remove eye make up first then massage cleanser on to my face. I wipe 2 small damp pads over my eyes & one large damp pad for my face. Then I tone, serum, eye cream then night cream. I am a beauty therapist so was taught to do facials like that.
Wipes are too drying to the skin if used everyday. I also found my eyelashes went stiff too so I wouldn't recommend them. Either method of a flannel or hot cloth works as long as it's a clean one every day. I like pads as they are refreshing & don't drag on the skin.

TheMD Mon 12-Jan-15 07:35:17

I use a flannel soaked in warm water.

Fabulassie Mon 12-Jan-15 07:35:59

I use my hands to rinse off with water.

I use Eye makeup remover and micellar water with cotton pads, then Clinique Take Off The Day Balm, then maybe a liquid non foaming cleanser with a brush.

arlagirl Mon 12-Jan-15 07:39:55

I use a face wash which I remove with water then a flannel. Clean one twice a day.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 12-Jan-15 15:25:22

I use my hands to massage in then splash off with water. Flannels just irritate my skin and give me little red broken capillaries around my nose.

I use Elemis Rehydrating Rosepetal cleanser which you're meant to wipe off with pads but I prefer to rinse off. Follow with Nuxe oil then Avene moisturiser for day, Nivea thick blue pot at night.

I use a scrub every few days too, just that cheap St Ives Apricot one in the sensitive version. My skin is very dry and irritable at the moment and this is the kindest routine I can do without getting clogged up. In summer I use Peaches and Clean instead of Elemis but that's a bit harsh for my winter skin, I also don't use the oil much in the summer, only for some nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now