Talk

Advanced search

Which shoes/boots to wear with a leather pencil skirt?

(10 Posts)
Shedwood Sun 11-Jan-15 20:27:46

I've treated myself recently to a gorgeous black leather pencil skirt and am really pleased with how itlooks on. It's really easy to dress up, but I'm struggling to fit it into my work-wardrobe (which I'm desperate to do) as I can't get it to look right with any of my shoes other than high heels.

As I'm on my feet a lot at work and have to commute, 4inch heels have no place in my working day, so I thought I'd ask the S&B ladies what (comfortable) shoes/boots do you wear with yours?

Btw, I really can't do flats however stylish - my legs need the help of a slight heel at least.

TIA.

frankietwospots Sun 11-Jan-15 20:38:01

What about ankle boots with a wedge heel? Maybe in suede to soften the look?

Shedwood Sun 11-Jan-15 20:43:02

I do have a pair of grey suede ankle boots, but I think they look a bit gap-y around the ankle; maybe I need a closer fitting pair?

zinnia Sun 11-Jan-15 20:45:13

My default option is a pair of black shoeboots, mid/lowish heel. Court shoes + leather skirts bit va-va-voom for work (for me anyway)

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 11-Jan-15 21:25:30

Aldo Adaussi black suede ankle boots. LK BENNETT and Next also have some lovely looking ones. Or ponyskin. So, not leather.

Shedwood Sun 11-Jan-15 21:58:03

Thanks for that, I've seen a few online I like the look of; think a shopping trip is in order!
Am I right in assuming knee high boots would be a no-no?

frankietwospots Sun 11-Jan-15 22:09:15

Personally I don't think knee high boots would work. Think it would look a bit dated.

RojaGato Mon 12-Jan-15 08:56:09

Unless your real name is Emma Peel I would avoid the knee boots

Shedwood Mon 12-Jan-15 14:15:51

Give the knee length boots a miss then!

Twinklestein Mon 12-Jan-15 18:08:43

Personally, I think adult women look absurd in skirts with ankle boots.

For work I wear comfortable wedge courts like these: Tamaris or Gabor

Geox also do similar.

These Hogl are more edgy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: