Talk

Advanced search

Curly method, can somebody recommend a shampoo please

(12 Posts)
Curlyfor2015ok Sun 11-Jan-15 19:13:06

I don't really want to buy (or read) the whole book!

If I just switch to a non-sulphate shampoo and stop blowdrying my hair, let it dry natureally and then 'revive' it the next day with a spritz of half water/half conditioner, that is it really isn't it?

I can't imagine what else is in the book! what I really wnat is product recommendations, that are available in boots, not american products I can't get hold of.

GoofyIsACow Sun 11-Jan-15 19:14:25

Subbing, shampoo is the only thing i haven't perfected, my curls are not good the first day, i love my dirty curls! grin

VelvetGreen Sun 11-Jan-15 19:24:40

I've been getting really good results with Naked products, but have just found out that they are no longer in business, or at least the products are now being sold only by Boots and in a more restricted range. My hair has gone from looking like a parched hayfield to actually quite nice - it's definitely worth ditching the sulphates.

The ones still available from Boots that work for me are the Naked Rescue Intensive Care shampoo and conditioner, using only a tiny amount of shampoo on the scalp. I also use the Naked Little Miracle leave-in conditioner on the ends, but it looks like that isn't available anymore.

I've also been using a microfibre towel, which also seems to help keep my hair smoother, and then let it dry naturally.

The Bodyshop Rainforest range are also supposed to be quite good, but i've not tried them yet.

Nevercan Sun 11-Jan-15 19:33:06

I am going to try L'oreal Pure which I have been recommended and I have seen that in Boots grin

DurhamDurham Sun 11-Jan-15 19:37:09

I use any shampoo and conditioner which happen to be on special offer. However before I shower I spend ten minutes rubbing coconut oil into my hair, it's very cheap to buy on Amazon, and then wash and condition as usual.

I always use John Frieda serum and leave to dry naturally if possible. I have lots of long wavy/curly hair which is prone to dryness now that I'm 44. It was greasy for the first 40 years of my life but this has all changed in the last few years.

ggirl Sun 11-Jan-15 19:37:57

I tried the rainforest shampoo and conditioner from body shop but felt it didn't get my hair really clean
I now use tresomme natural shampoo and conditioner for volume and it works well.
When I was in Canada visiting family I passed a curly girl method hair salon and bought a mini set of their stuff and really like the deva set it free spray , instantly cures the frizzes . Not sure if you can get it here .

VenusRising Sun 11-Jan-15 19:38:15

I use Dr organic brand shampoo from Holland and Barrett, and also shampoo / conditioner from l'occitaine.
When drying I put in curl creme from boots and a bit of scentless hair gel mixed up in my palm.

Second day curls are magic.

trinitybleu Sun 11-Jan-15 19:44:53

Have got the Body Shop rainforest one to try on DD's wavy but v frizzy hair. Had been using Aldi 3 in 1 shampoo / conditioner / shower gel which reduced the frizz somewhat. The Boots Curl Creme doesn't do anything for her.

On special occassions I put my Younique eye serum in it. Sounds weird but works a treat. If I can work out how, I'll post photos.

BornToFolk Sun 11-Jan-15 19:45:24

I use the Naked shampoo and Fructis conditioner (think it's the Smooth and Sleek one...something like that anyway....buy it in the pound shop or Savers)

I wash everyday but only use shampoo at most once a week. The rest of the time I co-wash with Tresemme Naturals conditioner, then use the Fructis as normal. It's only the Naturals conditioner that's CG-friendly, the other Tresemme ones have cones in.

I use Boots Pink Curl Creme and Umberto Giannini gel. I let my hair dry most of the way and then give it a quick blast with the hairdryer.

I have never perfected second day hair, it's always a frizzy mess after I've slept on it!

trinitybleu Sun 11-Jan-15 19:48:34

Before and after ...

Curlyfor2015ok Sun 11-Jan-15 20:00:48

Thanks for all the replies!

Off to buy shampoo tomorrow. Your hair is amazing trinity bleu

trinitybleu Sun 11-Jan-15 21:31:52

That's my DD but thanks! Mine is dead straight and flat as a pancake sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now