Talk

Advanced search

Swimsuit help! Long torso AND big boobed!

(20 Posts)
AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sun 11-Jan-15 18:53:46

Does anyone know of any swimsuits that are long-torsed and have good support for my not-so-perky bosom?

I'm 5'11" with HH knockers and I'm looking for something to swim in rather than sunbathe in. Tankinis/bikinis are out due to an ample stomach, unfortunately.

Any ideas?smile

Lardylassnomore Sun 11-Jan-15 19:06:40

Try bravissimo.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sun 11-Jan-15 19:16:14

Yeah, I had a look at their website, but couldn't see anything with a long torso. Normal underwired suits tend to have wiring that sits about 2" below where it should!

CheersMedea Sun 11-Jan-15 19:16:35

Lands End - if you go to the "Size" drop down menu on the left hand side in Swimwear they have a "long" option.

www.landsend.co.uk/Women/Swimwear/ix-5738

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sun 11-Jan-15 19:31:49

Thanks Medea. Will have a wee look!

Some of the panache swimsuits are quite long in the torso - I have one which has a sort of drawcord at the side (at the hips) that means you can make it a bit longer. They also have fully adjustable straps in most cases.

marriednotdead Sun 11-Jan-15 19:45:02

Give the Panache Veronica a try, the brand often suits taller women.

I would suggest trying their tankinis too, some are longer than others.

If all else fails, a supportive bikini top under a tall sports swimsuit like this might tick your boxes smile

SuperFlyHigh Sun 11-Jan-15 20:33:19

There's a website that I can't link to but it says halter neck for a bigger bust and support. They linked to an out of stock Boden red spotty swimsuit but they have Others at Boden.

My fave is a bottle/darkgreen H&M halter neck swimsuit and I've got big norks and long body and it's so flattering.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sun 11-Jan-15 23:31:20

Thanks everyone; much appreciated! I'm going to check.out all of these. I hadn't thought about a bikini top + swimsuit combo...

Also, quick aside, thanks to Statistically and Married for your bra intervention threads! I've gone from a massively wrong 38FF to a 32HH by lurking on your threads!

PrimalLass Mon 12-Jan-15 09:17:17

I'm ample stomached but got a goood tankini last summer. The bottoms went right up to my belly button and the top was long. It all stayed together really well.

From M&S I think.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Mon 12-Jan-15 14:58:31

Thanks Primal; maybe I'm being a bit short-sighted with a tankini...

leedy Mon 12-Jan-15 15:07:25

High waisted tankinis/bikinis are actually pretty flattering if you have a long torso (I got this tip, oddly enough, from Oprah magazine, and SHE WAS RIGHT). Though I prefer a one-piece for actually doing lengths, etc. in - I have a very long torso as well (though only DD/E norkage) and have a bog-standard black racerback Speedo that works fine. It's not particularly beautiful/flattering but it's comfortable in the pool.

LightastheBreeze Mon 12-Jan-15 15:13:32

Marks and Spencer have some long length swimsuits in stock, not sure how they will be bust wise though.

fridgepants Mon 12-Jan-15 15:23:43

Lands End will not do for a HH. You need bra-sized swimwear. I know this, because I ordered a long length one from the US and couldn't get it over my boobs. Speedo do a racerback that's bra-sized, but I think they might stop at a H. The Panache Grace would be perfect but they don't seem to make that anymore.

You also might want to go up a back size if your tum is bigger.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Mon 12-Jan-15 16:40:01

That's good to know, fridge, thanks.

I'm swaying towards the tankini as I could buy the bra sized top and slightly bigger bottoms.

I was hoping I could do this online, but I'm gonna have to get myself to the shops to try stuff on.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Mon 12-Jan-15 16:41:05

Light, I have tried M&S before and you're right, the cleavage was utterly indecent grin

One issue with tankinis - if you have bigger hips/tummy then they don't tend to stay down. You put them on, you walk, they roll up, you pull them down, you move, they roll up....

TarkaTheOtter Mon 12-Jan-15 19:22:49

I have a very similar shape (5'10" but only 32inch legs, 32GG boobs). I currently make do with a tesco tankini which just about manages to keep everything covered. Not very flattering though as I had to size up to size 16 from size 12 in order to get the top to fit. Definitely encountered the rolling up problem Statistically mentioned too. Will look again at bravissimo next time I'm in the UK. Last time I was there they didn't have much swimsuit stock and the only one available to try had underwire round my waist.

Essel Mon 12-Jan-15 19:23:53

J.crew do long torso swim suits. They might have a style that suits you. I think their sizing might be american though so watch out.

Smurfingreat Mon 12-Jan-15 19:27:29

I'm 5'10 and a 34GG and have a Bravissimo own brand tankini that gives ample tummy coverage and great support. Some of the Freya ones are quite long in the body.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: