Talk

Advanced search

Ahh I wish I could afford Mac lipstick! Similar products please.

(11 Posts)
MimmeeBack Sun 11-Jan-15 14:51:36

I tried one of their lipsticks over Christmas and fell in love with it! It went on beautifully, felt nice and lasted really well.

Can anybody recommend a brand that is of a similar quality but cheaper?

Really can't justify spending £15 on a lipstick right now.

TallulahBetty Sun 11-Jan-15 17:41:12

I don't know of any brand that is like all their lipsticks, but most of them are duped by some brand or another. Which colour were you after? There'll be a dupe out there.

Milmingebag Sun 11-Jan-15 17:54:31

Nyx

Marylou2 Sun 11-Jan-15 18:12:54

Which colour did you you like? Also do you prefer a matte, creme or gloss texture?

Lardylassnomore Sun 11-Jan-15 19:11:07

www.temptalia.com/makeup-dupe-list for dupes of different brand colours

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 12-Jan-15 19:57:12

Have been pleasantly surprised by Avon lipsticks just lately. Two that are really nice colours and formula.

I'll get them and post the name and type later. I'm trying to lie flat and fend off a bad back at the moment. sad

GreenPencil Mon 12-Jan-15 19:59:37

One of Kate Moss' lipsticks for Rimmel London is a 'dupe' of Mac's Ruby Woo, and about a third of the price. smile

I'll go and check in my make-up bag to see what it's called and shall report back.

MimmeeBack Mon 19-Jan-15 20:41:07

Forgot about this sorry grin
The one I liked was Diva in matte. Both texture and colour.

MrJollyLivesNextDoor Mon 19-Jan-15 21:24:24

Rimmel London Kate Moss 107

Fiver in superdrug

While you're in there have a look at the MUA section (if it's still going)

Some nice lippies for £1 each

QueenBean Mon 19-Jan-15 21:26:57

OP, do Mac still give a free lipstick if you take in pressed powder containers? I don't wear lipstick and have loads of them - if they do then happy to send them to you so you can get that lipstick that you want?

QueenBean Mon 19-Jan-15 21:33:57

Looks like they do, feel free to PM me either with what colour you want and I'll swap it and send to you or will post you the empty containers for you to swap

https://www.maccosmetics.com/customer_service/back_to_mac.tmpl?redirect_count=1

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: