Advanced search

Whistles quality

(12 Posts)
trader21c Sun 11-Jan-15 13:22:13

Anyone else find Whistles jumpers very disappointing in quality? A couple I've had looked like something I've owned for ages after just one wash (Annie Sparkle and a lilac one, bought in the sale, which I handwashed once and already looks bobbly). But I've t-shirts and tops that last very well and still look great.

TheMightyMing Sun 11-Jan-15 13:41:24

I have the link Annie sparkle in pink, wore it for the first time last night, I will have to be very careful washing it.

I have had a couple of dresses which developed a hole after a couple of wears, my old Whistles stuff from years ago is definitely better quality.

I love their styles but it's not what it was.

silverjohnleggedit Sun 11-Jan-15 13:56:36

Yep very poor quality, loony wash well, lots of polyester and I'm constantly amazed at the price tag.

dexter73 Sun 11-Jan-15 13:57:57

I have a grey Annie sparkle jumper and it has washed fine as have my other Whistles jumpers. I think their clothes seem quite good quality.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 11-Jan-15 14:00:05

I have three Annie Sparkle jumpers blush which I wear frequently for work. They have washed OK on a wool cycle.

I don't have much except tube skirts and t-shirts but I have found the quality of those to be v good. I have a jersey biker jacket though, and that has bobbled.

trader21c Sun 11-Jan-15 15:39:55

My theory is the ones 'made in China' don't last so well ...

SuperFlyHigh Sun 11-Jan-15 15:55:55

Awful I got a 'mix' toffee coloured jumper from there that creases after one wear.

I've got a GC from there but loathe to use it....

Their old stuff was far better quality.

SuperFlyHigh Sun 11-Jan-15 15:56:56

I think the tshirts and tops are all I'd buy and that's what the GC will go towards!

silverjohnleggedit Sun 11-Jan-15 15:59:57

My jersey blazer completely lost its shape free one wash.

LeoandBoosmum Tue 13-Jan-15 18:27:50

I got an Annie sparkle last year (I am very careful with clothing) and it looked like a rag after 2 or 3 washes (on a gentle cycle with delicates laundry liquid). The cuffs especially went very baggy and loose. It's a pretty top when new (gift from mum) but I wouldn't buy again. At those prices, I'd opt for Brora mohair, Jigsaw, Hobbs during sale, and would want something with natural fibres that is going to last a long time.
At the same time as the Annie sparkle top my mum got me a cashmere dress from there (during the 25% off) and that has fared much better. It is rarely worn and does need combing after wear but it's very soft and has kept its shape.
A couple of years ago I got some trousers in the sale (john Lewis) and the inner (concealed) button came was glued on, no stitching at all. JL did a repair free of charge as they'd been worn once; I don't know what would have happened had I bought direct from Whistles.
I don't think their quality is as good as some other retailers in the same price bracket. I also think some of their fashion is now a bit too 'out there' and not too flattering.

MilkThistle187 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:29:40

I have a cashmere jumper from last winter and it has worn so badly, terrible quality. I have a lot of cashmere and I take good care of it, but the Whistles is, hands down, the worst quality cashmere I have bought. I will never buy their knitwear again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now