Talk

Advanced search

Burns night outfit help!

(4 Posts)
SarahManning Sun 11-Jan-15 12:52:40

I need an outfit for a burns night - ex will be there so I need to look good! I'm around a size 12 and would like either a dress or a skirt and top combination. Something with a little tartan or some kind of thistle print (something with a little nod to Scotland but not too 'in your face' would be ideal). Also something that covers my chubby arms would be great! Have been looking for a while and can't find anything I like! Please help me!

Littlehomebird Sun 11-Jan-15 13:04:58

A tartan shawl or pashmina, a Scottish brooch like a stag or a thistle, you can buy lovely tartan pumps or what about a red silk corsage either on you dress or in you hair- that would be a 'nod' to the man himself. Harris tweed accessories?

Behooven Sun 11-Jan-15 13:13:35

I had the same thing for a Hogmanay party but didn't want to spend a lot. If you don't mind preworn Ebay has a host of Monsoon Twilight silk plaid(sp?)

I got silk dark green and black dress with matching jacket for £30! Loads of compliments on the night.

CoffeeBucks Sun 11-Jan-15 13:16:39

Have you looked at Ness? They have some lovely full-on tartan but also more subtle tops & skirts. All the tops are quite casual but there are some nice skirts which you could jazz up with a top from somewhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now