Talk

Advanced search

If you are size 14/16, what do you wear with leggings?

(8 Posts)
nowitsenough Sun 11-Jan-15 12:28:55

Just that really .. I need to lose weight, all my jeans are too tight. I'm starting tomorrow, but in the meantime would like to treat myself to one nice top/dress/tunic with jeggings, but can't afford to spend much.

I don't have much of a waist or hips, but hate smock style. I like scoop or v necks. Also don't like wearing acrylic, prefer cotton or viscose. My colouring is warm autumn I think - I have brown hair, brown eyes, medium skin ..

Any suggestions much appreciated smile smile

Trills Sun 11-Jan-15 12:39:22

If your jeans are too tight but your tops are OK, why not buy a new pair of jeans?

It seems odd to base an outfit around "must include leggings", when leggings are generally the least interesting part of the outfit.

nowitsenough Sun 11-Jan-15 12:49:34

I hate buying jeans! blush

I like long tops anyway, so would be good with leggings, jeggings or jeans. I also go dancing once a week and wear leggings for that, so would like something nice to wear for that.

kalidasa Sun 11-Jan-15 14:03:00

Not sure if this helps, but I have got through an entire pregnancy without buying any mat clothes by wearing leggings with V neck/scoop neck tunics - all my tunics came from Adini (most of them) or Masai (just one, but particularly nice - comes up HUGE though, I am still wearing a supposedly 'small' size at full term). Masai are expensive, Adini more mid-range but last time I looked Adini had a big sale on online so might be worth a look? Tunics seem to be one of their specialities. I have found the quality pretty good, in that I have literally worn nothing but these same 5 or 6 items for the whole second half of pregnancy and they still look good.

Branleuse Sun 11-Jan-15 14:05:46

i wear cotton jersey dresses with leggings, cardigan and boots usually. Much more flattering and comfortable on my hefty arse than jeans of any kind

mirpuppet Sun 11-Jan-15 14:37:14

I wear dresses.

I treat the leggings like tights -- that don't fall down as the day progresses.

DidoTheDodo Sun 11-Jan-15 14:52:19

Another vote for Adini here. I have several of their tunics and leggings and they seem good to me. Leggings are a decent leg and rise length and tunics wash and wear well.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 11-Jan-15 15:59:55

I have a 14-16 upper, size 12 bum but too much waist .Also had surgery last year so my abdomen still a bit sensitive.
I wear leggings under a long fine knit or chunky knit jumper
Or M&S jeggings (they have the wide elastic waistband)

I love Matalan for tops, their Modal are so soft, stretchy and long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now