Talk

Advanced search

Blackheads and enlarged pores-any miracle cures?

(13 Posts)
waitingforgodot Sun 11-Jan-15 11:45:03

Wondered if the dermalogica stuff was any good or if you lovely ladies could recommend anything? My nose is full of blackheads!

amidaiwish Sun 11-Jan-15 11:48:26

Alpha H liquid gold

HeyheyheyGoodbye Sun 11-Jan-15 11:51:25

I have found acid toner to be the best thing. Currently switching between Ren exfoliating toner and First Aid Beauty pads. Give it a few weeks and you should see a difference. I definitely have.

HeyMacWey Sun 11-Jan-15 11:55:54

What's your current cleansing routine?

The following are good as scrubs or masks.

Nip+fab facial Polish
this neutrogena wash/mask

HeyMacWey Sun 11-Jan-15 11:59:04

look for lactic or salicylic acid in the ingredients.

waitingforgodot Sun 11-Jan-15 12:16:15

My skin is fairly sensitive and prone to redness so I find facial scrubs quite harsh on my skin. Been avoiding them which could be why I have a build up plus eating a lot of crap over festive season. I am a cleanse, tone, moisturise girl and not loyal to any brand (although I do buy simple products quite a lot)

HeyMacWey Sun 11-Jan-15 12:52:14

Try the neutrogena clay mask as this'll draw out the oil.

A nice gentle brand is la roche possay - I switched to their products from dermalogica.

BeCool Sun 11-Jan-15 13:06:42

I'm 47 and while a good cleansing routine has helped the only time in my life I have been blackhead free on my nose was when I ate a vegan diet and was alcohol free.

FOr me alcohol is a massive flair up trigger - these days I dress much less that I ever have (half a bottle once a week) but if I have a night out and drink more the blackheads come raging back. So my conclusion is blackheads are def diet related.

waitingforgodot Sun 11-Jan-15 14:24:28

thanks everyone! Will try the neutrogena clay mask and cut down on my wine consumption!

FrameyMcFrame Sun 11-Jan-15 14:54:39

using an estriol cream (a mild natural estrogen) has closed my big open pores. I think it's age related, are you over 40?

waitingforgodot Sun 11-Jan-15 15:14:37

yes-I am Framey

RojaGato Sun 11-Jan-15 15:17:10

I cut back on sugar and use a clay mask- I just buy kaolin powder from akoma skincare online and mix with water or rosewater/toner.

BabyOnBoob Sun 11-Jan-15 15:18:03

Hi OP I use Clinique I think its called 3 step.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now