Talk

Advanced search

Not sure why I seem to get breakouts from all primer

(6 Posts)
Kittykat7 Sun 11-Jan-15 07:14:25

It might be the dimethicone or alcohol in them. I get painful bumps between my nose by my eyebrows. I have a few open pores there so maybe it's blocking them. I'm currently using Clarins instant light Radience. I think I'll just apply it to my cheekbones & use an illuminating powder on other areas.

Kittykat7 Sun 11-Jan-15 07:15:51

Are there any primers for sensitive skin or that don't block your pores?

ihatethecold Sun 11-Jan-15 07:24:52

I find the same.
I've been using a PIXI primer and it's been great.
I don't use primer everyday.
Just when I want to stay looking vaguely alive all day!
I find the slippy feeling primers worse for blocking pores.

Kittykat7 Sun 11-Jan-15 08:19:16

Thanks ihatethatcold. I thought the Clarins one would be ok as it's an illuminating base. I might get a sample of Nars Illuminater so If I break out I won't have wasted my money. I'm after a dewy look under foundation but might just have to brush on illuminating powder after.

I haven't heard of Pixi Primer. I'm in Australia so I don't know if I can get it here.
Estée Lauder Idealist did the same thing to me too.
I don't like the greasy primers either the worst I tried was Lancome Le Base & Arbonne.

My face is combination with cheeks more normal to dry & slight T zone. I can't seem to find a liquid foundation that I like. I'm using mineral powder & seem to find it's better on my skin.

I'd like to try YSL a Touch Éclat foundation but reviews seem to say it doesn't last all day. Not sure how it would fair without a primer underneath.

GobblersKnob Sun 11-Jan-15 08:25:06

I would think it's the dimethicone, it's just coating your skin in a layer of plastic. I break out if I use primer more than two days in a row, so try to save it for when I am looking particularly shit grin

Kittykat7 Sun 11-Jan-15 08:32:47

Thanks Gobblersknob. That seems to be the same for me too if I've worn it 2 days in a row. The spots are really painful. Anything with alcohol also gives me a pin prick rash too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now