Talk

Advanced search

Orla Kiely for Clarks shoes...did they go up to UK 8? Anything similar out there?

(11 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Sat 10-Jan-15 21:55:56

I missed the boat when they were in the stores too skint
Whenever I look on eBay, I never see any in a size 8. Did they not go up to this size or were they very limited?
I love 60s styles.. any other recommendations?

zinnia Sat 10-Jan-15 22:48:22

I can confirm they did. I bought some in fact, but they were half a size too small (not the shoes' fault, I can only do a 8 in a wide fitting but I was hoping for a miracle)

Think all Clarks shoes go to an 8, just not all in a 9 or a wide fit, sadly for me!

New range on its way, seen some pics on blogs.

They also have these from last season in the sale and in an 8 (and in black) if they tickle your fancy.

tethersend Sat 10-Jan-15 22:58:26

I just bought those very ones, zinnia- the pics don't do them justice, they're amazing and v.v. Comfy.

They've more styles on amazon- These beauties, for example.

zinnia Sat 10-Jan-15 23:04:44

Ooh lovely, tethersend, I'm very partial to a ponyskin shoe. How wide do they come up...? <remembers spending ban>

tethersend Sat 10-Jan-15 23:10:12

The reviews said narrow, but I'm wide footed and they feel fine.

That's not very helpful, is it? grin

zinnia Sat 10-Jan-15 23:12:37

I am on a spending ban
I am on a spending ban
I am on a spending ban
grin

alltoomuchrightnow Sun 11-Jan-15 01:09:16

thanks for letting me know. Zinnia, what about a size 8 for a high instep (but not wide fitting) , are they a not a true 8 then? Can't believe Clarks don't go up to 9.... yet Topshop who aren't a shoe shop, do!

alltoomuchrightnow Sun 11-Jan-15 01:10:33

love them , Zinnia..but the Marianne's are the ones I was after or similar

zinnia Sun 11-Jan-15 01:24:10

Would say the OK range would be fine for a "true" 8 (which I would equate to an EU 42, a size that Topshop and a number if other places would call a 9. Do not get me started on the bonkers world of shoe sizing...)

I have a pretty high instep as well as a wide foot (the joy) and tbh am an 8.5, hence can take an 8W (usually) or a 9 standard. It was not a huge surprise that the size 8 Matildas I ordered in the summer just were a bit too small.

In defence of Clarks, they do go to a 9 in quite a few styles, just not always the ones I want!

tethersend Sun 11-Jan-15 08:24:20

Bugger, I'm sure those Marianne ones were in stock on Amazon when I posted angry

Greengardenpixie Sun 11-Jan-15 12:20:14

I have the ok dorothy in navy and green. They are gorgeous! I have s wide foot too but they fit not too badly. Sadly out of stock in most places. So tempted to buy the pony skin ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now