Talk

Advanced search

Spray tan before wedding?

(7 Posts)
cashmerecardigans Sat 10-Jan-15 20:48:25

I'm getting married this year and would like to have a bit of a tan. I've never had a spray tan and am a bit wary - can anyone recommend a particular type? I have a fear of it being too dark - I'm quite pale but just want a bit of colour to take the edge off my pallidity! Also, how far ahead of the wedding should it be done?

flux500 Sat 10-Jan-15 21:00:09

I've had a st tropez. I had one layer and then she sprayed me again as I wanted to be darker.

my friend has had a sienna tan which is where you choose the strength and if after its developed you can have another layer.

I would be more worried about the tan coming off on the dress though as it will under the arms especially. I'm not advocating sunbeds but I understand why brides to be go with that option for for once.....

coffeenut Sun 11-Jan-15 00:14:07

The tan will not come off on the dress!?
Do not use a sun bed, that's just ridiculous.

I'm pale and find the st tropez one really suits me. There are loads of good non orange ones around. I would suggest trying a few at a few different salons well before your wedding day - t right colour and application make all the difference. I'd tell the therapist that you are trialling for your wedding.

I had one done two days before my wedding as recommended by the salon (so they can correct any blotchiness/mistakes the day before)

flux500 Sun 11-Jan-15 15:21:39

erm yes it will. Google it and you will see it does rub off on the dress. Two of my friends got married last year and both had their tans rub off on their dress mostly inside under the arms but also on the top seam and a little bit on the outside.

flux500 Sun 11-Jan-15 15:22:35

They both had strapless dresses btw. maybe not as bad for different styles.

cashmerecardigans Sun 11-Jan-15 19:31:40

Thanks I will try St Tropez well ahead to see what it is like, not wearing strapless so not too worried about it coming off on the dress.

kaykayred Sun 11-Jan-15 20:33:53

I say embrace the pale and work it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now