Talk

Advanced search

Using minimal make up - is it worth splurging more

(5 Posts)
pussinboots61 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:54:31

When I say I use minimal make up, I use one foundation, one lipstick shade, one blusher, one eyeliner and one mascara. I am happy with mid price brands for blusher and mascara (Boots No7) but tend to favour Clinique for tinted moisturiser/foundation, eyeliner and lippie but it is more expensive.

As I just have one item of each and not multiple shades of lipsticks etc, would it be worth the splurge?

Hillingdon Sat 10-Jan-15 19:15:01

Go for an expensive foundation, I had a friend who used to work for Estée Lauder, she said spend on a moisturiser and foundation and possibly a lipstick, the rest go for a budget brand.

nightswift Sat 10-Jan-15 19:23:30

I am similar i have

a good foundation -touche eclait foundation- is wonderful
One blusher, mascara - just boujois/ max factor
Never wear lipstick
but always wear eyeshadow - have 2 mua £4 palettes from Superdrug, so 20 odd shades - really great for the price

Thats is - i always look made up on that

PorkyMinch Sat 10-Jan-15 19:28:45

You can use the wand from an expensive mascara with a tube of a cheaper brand. A lot of the effect is down to the application.

One downside is it a bit of a faff.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 11-Jan-15 00:41:28

Good brushes. No point in trying to apply with rubbishy brushes or the ones that come with the cosmetics.

I have several eyeshadow brushes for different shades so there's no muddying up the colours.
Sharpener for pencils
Good tweezers
Eyelash curlers

The most expensive make-up I have is Benefits They're Real Mascara and OPI nail laquer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now