Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New Year New Bras

(7 Posts)

Could do with a new bra but need to stop procrastinating.

My go to bras are the discontinued Masquerade Hestias in a 30FF. Cannot find anything else with a satin feel and as good a fit. Has Masquerade now been renamed as Panache Black by the way. Looking at their site I think so.

Anyway after much deliberation I really will order a EW now. Every time I look I become overwhelmed by sizes and styles but I will get over that.

So, I'm thinking an HM style. Lately I have very slightly trimmed my band size. Do you reckon a 30FF only to try? And are the knickers pretty true to size?

I've also looked at this one .. Biustonosz 3D SzykuÅ› .. but it's only in a 30F. Sorry I am unsure how to do a proper link on my mobile. And also at a S Satine which they do have in a 30FF and G.

Can you help on suggested sizes to try? I am currently 29.5/37?

SorrelForbes Sat 10-Jan-15 10:08:58

I used to own a Masquerade Hestia and IIRC it was the same size as my most recent EM bra which is a CHP cappuccino.

I think the Masquerade half cups are/were wider than EM bras which are quite narrow and deep. StatisticallyChallenged is an expert on EM bras so hopefully will be along soon with more useful information.

Have you tried any of the Tutti Rouge range? I believe they are quite wide in shape too.

You rang m'lady?

First up, have you checked out mycurvesandme? They are the retail arm of panache and although I don't think they have the Hestia they still have some masquerade half cup/balconette shapes in like the Rhea which could be worth a try

Ewa are generally narrower, although I would say of those I have tried the CH is the widest (they don't make these in bigger sizes anymore I don't think), followed by the CHP, and I think the HM is similar to the CH but unpadded.

I would try a 30 in Ewa as the bands are on the snug side. You may even want to try a 32 in the HM style - I have some of the SM which are made with similar materials and the bands are significantly less stretchy than the solid materials. Like a full band size different, I bought a 32 SM Nana when I was comfortable in a 30 S shape. The 3d is just a more padded version of the S shape, designed for smaller boobs. The CH is a half cup. the CH is a slightly higher half cup/balconette, and the s is a sort of plunge balconette combo, gives great uplight and great cleavage. It is a bit narrower than the CHP but it's probably my favourite bra shape. Better if you have balanced or slight top fullness though as the cups are taller than the CHP

In terms of cup size, I tend to wear one up from my cleo size but I haven't got many panache bras. I have the Sport and the Floris, and my EM size is the same as those

Pants are about true to size and beautifully designed - no cheesewire sides on the thongs for example!

I'd also second trying Tutti Rouge. Also, have you looked at the Fauve half cups? They're fairly wide and they make them in gorgeous fabrics - have a look at leia lingerie or brastop

And yes, Masquerade is being rebranded/relaunched as Panache black

Thanks for all of the advice smile .

I think I possess the last Hestias in the UK and have used the sites that you mention. There is just one more in my size available which I may snap up. I'm not particularly keen on any of the current Masquerade and have tried a few. I thought the Rhea might work but found it a strange shape.

I haven't tried Tutti Rouge but having just had a quick look might do so.

I do actually have one current Fauve bra which I am starting to wear so that my Hestias live longer. I do quite like Fauve .. the fit is great but I find them just a bit over upholstered iyswim.

Thanks for the EM advice. I will try the HM I think and maybe a CH/CHP if I can find one in the right size with knickers. If I order a HM 32 as well as say a 30FF then what 32 cup do you think would be best?

Just checked bratabase, and apparently the Angie is the same cut as the Hestia - it looks very similar although unfortunately not satin. It's still available though

Thanks yes I looked at that this morning. It is an option definitely although I might try TR and EW first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now