Talk

Advanced search

how do you orgsnise your accessories and jewellery?

(14 Posts)
magicpixie Sat 10-Jan-15 08:06:21

And actually evrn make up

HeffalumpsnWoozles Sat 10-Jan-15 08:17:28

I took over our spare room grin I have a dressing table in there each drawer of which has different products. One for hair stuff, one make up, one body lotions/moisturisers & the like.

Jewellery in a box, no real order too it cheap and cheerful jewellery is in a wicker 4 drawer storage thingy on the dressing table. Scarves on a hanger in wardrobe, shoes in what was once my DP's book cupboard sorted in summer/winter. If I didn't have the spare room there'd be stuff randomly plonked anywhere!

travailtotravel Sat 10-Jan-15 08:46:56

Scarves are on a hanger, but they kept falling off so I use shower curtain hooks on the hanger and loop them through. Costume jewellery I have a set of small hooks (like younwoukd hang your keys on) screwed to the side of my wardrobe so I can see what I have. I have another small hook I hang a coat hanger on for bracelets and bangles again using the shower curtain rings.
I just found I never wore any of it if I couldn't see it when I was getting dressed.

FrugalFashionista Sat 10-Jan-15 10:34:03

Makeup - Ikea bathroom wall cupboard with glass shelves, lots of space and great. Small stuff and perfume samples - Muji clear acrylic organizers.
Scarves loosely rolled up in one drawer in my wardrobe - all visble and easy to access though don't wear them much these days.

JaceLancs Sat 10-Jan-15 11:12:18

Tie hangers for scarves which I hang on inside of my wardrobe
Small hooks for costume jewellery again on inside of a door
I have some open shelves in bedroom sort of cube with 4 openings
1 for perfume
1 for nail varnish and makeup
1 for cleansers moisturiser hand creams
1 for other in my case contact lens stuff medication etc

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 10-Jan-15 11:20:35

My nail varnish are on top of my cabinet which has around
In one I have my under wear. In another my jewellery. In another my hair accessories.
In another my make up.

I have little fabric pouches - one for earrings, one for rings, one for brooches and one for bangles all stored in a drawer.

The scarves I wear most are folded on a shelf and the others are folded in a large cardboard bag.

Make up is in a Muji clear plastic drawer thing.

Nail varnishes are in a shallow tray, in a drawer, as are moisturisers, cleanser etc.

The only thing I haven't managed yet is to find a good way to store necklaces.

CointreauVersial Sat 10-Jan-15 16:05:53

Some nice ideas here! As for me...

Make up is in the top drawer of my dressing table (I found a brilliant drawer organiser in Clas Ohlson; a bit like a square cutlery tray).

Nail varnishes (I have hundreds) are in an old panettone tin on top of a chest of drawers.

Jewellery is mostly in the Stackers jewellery box which DH gave me for Christmas. Except for....

... long necklaces/chains, which are on a row of hooks on the inside of the wardrobe. The hooks actually slide out on a runner (I bought this from Ikea; I think it is designed for belts).

Belts are in a basket on a shelf in the wardrobe.

Scarves (I have thousands blush) are stored in square baskets in a big unit in the dining room (also Ikea). No room in the bedroom.

The only things I struggle to store successfully are my perfumes. I collect decant and samples and have hundreds, currently stored in an old wooden wine box on the bedroom floor. It's a pain to find anything. I might look at some of those clear Muji organisers....

Viviennemary Sat 10-Jan-15 16:09:19

Jewellery chucked in a large drawer with other stuff. One or two more valuable pieces which I go into a panic about occasionally as I think they're missing but they're not. Toiletries in bathroom, on dressing table and in spare room in random order. Must have a sort out.

Theshedofalfredogarcia Sat 10-Jan-15 16:17:39

Great thread.Has anyone got a nail varnish storage solution?I have so many and I want to store them so I can see all the colours, but don't want them all out on show.
tia.smile

Brookville Sat 10-Jan-15 20:26:08

I've been told to store nail varnish in the fridge inside the door. Meant to last longer. But in ours the eggs and jars of pesto take priority!

Theshedofalfredogarcia Sat 10-Jan-15 20:50:28

Thanks Brook that's interesting but, if it was in there ,DS2 and his friends would probably eat it.grin

magicpixie Sun 11-Jan-15 09:31:50

wow amazing ideas, I am going ot try znd have a bit of a wardrobe sort out/clearout organise today

BritabroadinAsia Sun 11-Jan-15 13:09:50

Yy to Muji for everything - makeup in the clear acrylic desk tidy thingies in different designs to keep lipsticks/eyeshadows/pencils and mascara/ base stuff and brushes all separate but easy to find, stored in the bathroom.

Muji plastic drawer sets of different sizes for costume jewellery, with various sized inserts for earrings. bracelets/bangles and necklaces, although I agree with pp that hanging necklaces on hooks inside the wardrobe door makes for easy viewing/access and no tangling. All jewellery sorted according to metal type and colour.

Scarves folded n a large clear plastic box on a shelf above jewellery.

Belts on a belt hanger with clothes.

Maximum visibility = quicker decision making in the morning smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now