Talk

Advanced search

This dress/tunic for a large lady :)

(13 Posts)
LadyB49 Fri 09-Jan-15 14:36:00

Truthful opinions please from all you nice young(er) mums.
I'm mid 60s.
What do you think of this. I've never bought from Pepperberry before although I've bought Bravissimo bras.
It would be in size 18 Super Curvy cos I'm a 38H.
Apple shaped... Pepperberry in their recommendations seems to pull apple shape into 'straight', and this is in the straight category.
5'6" tall.
Would wear it with navy or black leggings and flat pumps.
Or with jeggings and soft black leather calf length flat boots.

Has anyone else tried this on, I'm concerned it wouldn't skim the jelly belly though I could wear my holdy-in-smoothing-thingy.

LadyB49 Fri 09-Jan-15 14:36:35

Opps here's the link
www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/tops/tunics/knitted-tunic/blue/pt297blu/?show=all&level=1#reviews

Madlizzy Fri 09-Jan-15 14:45:19

Are you definitely a 38H is the first question? I'm a 36GG and I'm a Really Curvy. I'm also an apple and I'd be concerned that it would accentuate my fat belly.

LadyB49 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:16:58

Yep, fitted in Bravissimo last week at 38H.
It was a Bravissimo bra which I've read comes up small,
and could be 36GG if it was a Fantasie.
Haven't been checked by Pepperberry as to whether I would be Really Curvy or Super Curvy. Was going to order on-line.
It's fat belly I'm also thinking about..... Style advice often says we shouldn't go too big and roomy, and should just 'skim'.

Hmmm....

polyhymnia Fri 09-Jan-15 15:29:41

Hmm, I'm also big and would be similarly concerned that would cling to my tummy. If you're only an 18 you must have a pretty wide choice of nice tunics. Eg, White Company or Cos , a label I think suits all ages.

Mrsstevejones Fri 09-Jan-15 15:29:42

i am big busted and big of belly and those types of tops with a knot in them really suit me. Give me huge looking boobs mind - which they are! i cant wear tunics as they dont suit me as i am too short. Go for it

LadyB49 Fri 09-Jan-15 16:27:45

I think 18 pepperberry because of the really curvy/super curvey for boobs. Anything else I have to consider 20.
Thanks folks. I'll have a thinksmile

Madlizzy Sat 10-Jan-15 17:22:28

If you're 36GG you're the same as me. I fit into size 16/18 really curvy, dependent on the dress. I'd buy an 18/20 anywhere else.

LadyB49 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:10:49

Ok, so I should probably go for 18 really curvy.
In the meantime I've emailed Pepperberry to check if there is any detail or shaping at the back. It says 2 days for a response.
I did see this (or similar) in the shop a couple of weeks ago and am so sorry I didn't just take the time to try it on.

motherofluvlies Sat 10-Jan-15 21:42:43

I think White stuff new collection is lovely for apple shape (me only much bigger than your good self .) I loved the look of it online ...have a nose

LadyB49 Sat 10-Jan-15 21:59:27

Yes, some nice pieces in White Stuff. I've never used it before.
Have always stuck to M & S Autograph, Kaliko, phase eight......probably because of a nearby outlet centre with 70% discount which has served me well.

thenightsky Sat 10-Jan-15 22:03:22

I've tried this on and it showed every lump and bump. Even my back fat sad

I'm size 12 curvey.

LadyB49 Sat 10-Jan-15 22:38:54

thenightsky Thank you. That says it all.
I'll forget it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now