Talk

Advanced search

Day cream into night cream?

(7 Posts)
SugarFreeGruffaloCrumble Fri 09-Jan-15 12:23:56

Lovely dh bought me two pots of my favourite day cream, however, I have recently run out of the same brand's night cream. I already have enough day cream so can I add anything to it to make it thicker and more nourishing for night?

I could take them back but that would involve a trip into town and both dd and I are sick!

Any ideas please?

Nabootique Fri 09-Jan-15 12:25:18

Do you have any oils lying around?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 09-Jan-15 13:00:24

Can you layer it with a serum ? Apply serum first then cream?

I had the opposite problem, no day cream but I have an Aldi nightcream and a No7 from my Advent Calender. I diluted with a collagen gel.

I had no No7 daycream in my Advent Calender, just an empty bit (and on Day 2 , no lipgloss)
Still bitter and twisted at that.

SugarFreeGruffaloCrumble Fri 09-Jan-15 13:38:53

I have castor oil and sweet almond oil (use them both for oil cleanse method). Shall I add a drop or two to the day cream before I use it at night?

I don't have any serums unfortunately 70 Might be a good excuse to purchase one online wink

Nabootique Fri 09-Jan-15 17:08:44

Sweet almond oil (I think castor can be a bit drying, can't it?). Couple of drops mixed with the cream in your hand should do it.

LordEmsworth Fri 09-Jan-15 21:42:45

I mix Clarins face oil into a cheaper thick cream to make my night cream, and I love it. Smells beautiful...

SugarFreeGruffaloCrumble Fri 09-Jan-15 21:47:46

Thanks all! Will give the sweet almond oil and whirl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now