Talk

Advanced search

Fashion advice/tips for apple shapes (size 12)

(4 Posts)
Teaandflapjacks Fri 09-Jan-15 11:00:07

settling down with brew - I have just done a wardrobe clear out after getting back to my pre-baby weight. I waited 14 months and bought cheap bits and bobs in between to keep me going, but alas my body shaped has completely changed. I am 5 foot 4 and 10 stone and I am now pushing to shift a bit more weight but in the interim, 10 stone will have to do - I now take an 8/10 hip as hips and bum have shrunk, as have arms, but a 12-14 top/waist and have huge boobs now, so getting shirts to do up means I buy a really large size etc etc. I am sorting out my bras because they are all the wrong size, and find I spend a lot of my time hoiking up trousers or jeans that have slipped down, or tugging out tops to not sit to tight on my tum (and while it is larger, it isn't that squidgy if that makes sense). I have tried belting but it makes me look pregnant and indeed someone asked me over xmas if I was as a I had a small bump. I was mortified! So then I bought jumpers in much bigger sizes to compensate and I just feel bleugh and swamped in them at 5 foot 4.

Any tips/help appreciated.

hoedown Fri 09-Jan-15 12:33:06

Well done on getting back to your pre - pregnancy weight. No great words of wisdom I'm afraid but I am a similar shape to you so following with interest.
My only tips for top half is scoop or v-necks. For everyday wear I often layer scoop or v-neck tops or jumpers over H&M longline vests, with M&S high-waisted skinnies and boots. The boots balance out the top half and the skinnies show off my legs (best feature).

Tanaqui Fri 09-Jan-15 14:21:43

Short shift dresses with thick tights and boots- show off slim legs, no gaping round the middle. Put a shirt, roll
Neck or t shirt underneath.

Tanaqui Fri 09-Jan-15 14:26:56

Like this but not with wellies.
www.modculture.co.uk/boden-sixties-brit-tweed-shift-dresses/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now