Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of starting a small business from home selling pretty handmade accessories

(5 Posts)
PenelopeWeaver Thu 08-Jan-15 17:18:48

...like scarves, headbands etc. I'm nifty with a needle so these would be lovely, but just wondering what would make you buy online from someone like me, and what you'd like to find available.

Millli Thu 08-Jan-15 18:00:14

Hi Penelope. Handmade scarves sounds interesting. I think makeup bags, ipod/pad cases, hairclips, change/evening purses would be good.
There are a few people out there selling on ebay and their own websites so maybe have a look around and see what sells.
Good Luck!

santamarianovella Thu 08-Jan-15 18:02:50

Oh! Proper little girls headbands, and hair clips, nothing shiny pink or plasticky! It's so rare finding nice girls hair accessory that doesn't cost a fortune,
nice gym
bags or fabric shopping totes,

Or those garment bags you use for traveling or storing underwear, socks..etc

cedge Thu 08-Jan-15 20:58:36

Whatever you decide to do, make sure it is different. Don't be afraid to charge decent prices either. Too many people try to undercut each other, its the quickest way to go out of business.

cedge Thu 08-Jan-15 21:01:25

How about traditional, good quality children's accessories with a retro design? Think children's clothing from the 70's and 80's....tagged with a union jack, 'made in Britain' label.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now