Talk

Advanced search

which gel polish lasts longest? Jessican GELeration no good on me!

(9 Posts)
beanhead24 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:24:33

Jessica GELeration lasts a maximum of 2-3 days without starting to lift & chip on my fingernails (despite lasting brilliantly on my toes).

What other long lasting gel polishes can I try? (in salon, not DIY). I do tend to be quite heavy handed I guess and have 2 young DCs so need something very hardwearing & indestructible!!

RojaGato Thu 08-Jan-15 17:36:17

CND shellac with a Brisa Lite Gel underlay. It lasts much longer with the Brisa Lite gel underlay. The underlay adds about £5 to the cost of a shellac manicure.

SunsineAndRainbows Thu 08-Jan-15 17:46:00

I'm a nail tech and use IBD, not as popular as shellac, gellish etc , but nothing lasts on me except this!

Also if you find it don't last, you can ask the therapist to double de-hydrate your nails or there are stronger primers/bonders that's can be used for clients who are prone to lifting.

Four125 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:08:38

I've had problems with Jessica Gels too but last time the salon put two top coats on and it has stayed for 3 weeks now, it's coming off at the weekend.

Hillingdon Thu 08-Jan-15 20:11:19

I only use on my toes now, last for a few months although the nail starts growing of course, never chips.

beanhead24 Thu 08-Jan-15 22:29:23

Any thoughts on Gelish? Have found a local salon offering this at a good price.

Don't know if my nails & the way I use my hands is the problem though??!

RiojaHaze Thu 08-Jan-15 22:30:38

I've always found Gelish good; they have some great colours.

FourthMary Thu 08-Jan-15 22:33:57

I have gelish and really impressed, apart from the gap appearing at the bottom from growth, after 3 weeks they were still perfect. Withheld lots of Christmas cleaning etc.

MorrisZapp Thu 08-Jan-15 22:34:02

Gelish is basically permanent on my fingernails, it grows off. I always have Inner Vixen, it's darkest brown. Utterly gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now