Talk

Advanced search

Sweaty Betty without the price tag?

(45 Posts)
duplodancer Thu 08-Jan-15 13:14:53

Typical January question but. Any ideas where I can get cool workout gear at a not too ridiculous cost?

Love sweaty Betty but just can't afford to pay £45 for a vest! shock

PeppermintTeaForMe Thu 08-Jan-15 13:52:40

H&M have some Sweatty Betty style workout gear - far cheaper!

goodgollymisspolly Thu 08-Jan-15 16:53:06

Definitely look at H&M, new season stuff is online now. Quality is fantastic.

MrsMunster Thu 08-Jan-15 16:54:22

There's always masses of SB on eBay. Bidding on the nicer items often gets fairly high but you can still pick up bargains.

ZaraW Thu 08-Jan-15 17:01:46

SB sales are really good if you can wait until the next one. Their stuff is great quality and lasts for years.

duplodancer Thu 08-Jan-15 17:19:52

Thanks all. Brilliant tip re h&m!

ZammoMcGuire Thu 08-Jan-15 17:40:27

just buy branded sportswear
i just dont get what is good abotu sweaty betty.
its poncery

shanghaismog Thu 08-Jan-15 17:50:14

There's often lovely workout gear in TK Maxx.

Hopefully Thu 08-Jan-15 18:47:49

Another vote for H&M sportswear.

LuckySaint Thu 08-Jan-15 19:10:03

Gap have some, lots in the sale too

lurkingaround Thu 08-Jan-15 19:26:39

I buy H&M and Gap. Can't see the sense in spending a fortune on it.

AmberNectarine Thu 08-Jan-15 20:50:20

Zammo SB stuff is well designed. Their capris are the only ones I don't have to hoik up every 100m or so. I've given up on other brands - can be quite reasonable in the sale.

Saurus72 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:56:19

All my gym stuff is from the Sweaty Betty sale, including lovely sweatpants that are so flattering and wash and dry really well. Plus I bought them marked down to only £13! I agree that full priced, it is far too expensive but in the sale it's fab.

zinnia Thu 08-Jan-15 23:09:28

DMBL40 has just done a blog on Matslan sportswear. Much of which looks to me quite similar to the contents of the SB catalogue that was on the doormat when I got home tonight. (My kids were particularly wowed by the picture of a model doing a handstand. In £85 leggings).

ZammoMcGuire Thu 08-Jan-15 23:10:50

Adidas works for me

iwantgin Thu 08-Jan-15 23:13:38

BAM

Fab workout clothing. Currently on sale too.

Www.bambooclothing.co.uk

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 08-Jan-15 23:28:50

Nike dri fit or addidas clima cool ate the best gym gear leggings are nice and thick so you can bend and stretch in confidence. Tk max Aldo do really good gym gear too

kaykayred Fri 09-Jan-15 09:06:13

Proper workout out brands like Nike, gore-tex, and addidas (the actual sports gear obviously, not the shitty tracksuits!) are often cheaper than sweaty betty, much much better quality, and pretty much better in every respect.

The only thing sweaty betty has that they don't is "sportswear" that doesn't look like sportswear (i.e. admittedly very snuggly looking yoga jumpers).

But if you just want a jumper then I'm pretty sure it's possible to get something very similar for a fraction of the cost!!

ZammoMcGuire Fri 09-Jan-15 22:34:07

Exactly. If you need gym gear buy H&m or just normal gym clothes. From shops.

Sigh

Clairej81 Fri 09-Jan-15 22:38:10

Sports Direct or Start Fitness online. They usually have good discounts on branded makes.

AvonleaAnne Fri 09-Jan-15 23:20:51

Fat Face
www.fatface.com/womens/activewear/icat/womensactivewear

rootypig Sat 10-Jan-15 04:46:48

Gap Fit is great and if you wait until they're doing one of their frequent 30% of everythings, it's cheap. Compared to SB!

ZaraW Sat 10-Jan-15 07:52:33

But does Gap Fit last for years? SB is expensive BUT their sales are fantastic as is the quality of the clothes. Currently wearing some jogging bottoms I have put through the wringer and had for 7 years and they are still fine.

AmberNectarine Sat 10-Jan-15 08:26:09

Nike/adidas don't work for me as well, believe me, I've tried plenty. SB stuff has lots of clever details, the pockets, headphone loops, internal drawstrings etc that just make such a difference on a 10 mile run. That is the best litmus test for gym wear. I remember buying a pair of Nike shorts that I really liked - 7 miles of them simultaneously rolling up at the legs and down at the waist, not so much!

AmberNectarine Sat 10-Jan-15 08:28:07

Also it's that same story where everyone queries 'why buy the more expensive version of something?'

Because I like it and because I can afford it. Doesn't make me a ponce smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now