Talk

Advanced search

foundation recommendations pls

(8 Posts)
PunkrockerGirl Wed 07-Jan-15 21:27:49

I've got some Xmas money and am going to treat myself to a decent foundation. I'm thinking Clinique, Lancome or such like. Any recommendations? Would like a decent coverage but not too 'cakey'.

PunkrockerGirl Thu 08-Jan-15 17:52:17

Anyone?

Nabootique Thu 08-Jan-15 18:02:06

I haven't tried foundation by either of those brands but I did buy a Clinique lipstick Ulf other day and they were so lovely and helpful on the counter that I say just get yourself down there! They'll be able to talk about skin type and give you some samples to try.

mowglik Thu 08-Jan-15 18:03:35

Dior forever good coverage but fairly light, no cakeyness at all and loads left to take off at the end of the night which is unusual as everything wears off on me

olaflikeswarmhugs Thu 08-Jan-15 18:04:18

Where are the vouchers for ? Frasers , debenhams etc you can go to the counters and their staff will colour match you and try them on you . My personal favourite is Mac studio fix . It's a powder I won't put liquid make up on my face due to oily/acne prone skin smile

StrumpersPlunkett Thu 08-Jan-15 18:08:47

I have a fab Yves Saint Lauren one, tis brill. v v liquid put 2 -3 dibs one various areas and blend with fingers and whole face delicate coverage.

I love it

Fabulassie Thu 08-Jan-15 18:15:49

I have the Clinique Anti-Redness and I really like it. I also have YSL Touche Eclat and think it's great. I am 45, with normal skin and some spots/redness here and there. I like as good a coverage as I can get away with.

FriedFishAndBread Thu 08-Jan-15 18:21:39

benefit oxygen is amazing with their powder after. wouldn't bother with expensive primer rimmels primer is just as good.

mac lipstick always though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now