Talk

Advanced search

Massage/Nails Manchester

(14 Posts)
mrscumberbatch Wed 07-Jan-15 20:14:34

Hello all,ive posted in chat already but thought i might be better off over here
. i have a couple of hours to kill in Manchester before getting the train from Oxford St and I am looking for some recommendations if you don't mind?
Massage/facials/nails whatnot.

Ottokitty Wed 07-Jan-15 20:41:17

Other end of town but cab / free town to bus to the city's Northern Quarter to amazing Spa Satori. Brilliant spa. Great staff. Cool area.

mrscumberbatch Wed 07-Jan-15 20:46:46

I've had a nosey online and it does sound nice. I literally have 2 hrs 15 mins to spare though so not sure if that's cutting it too fine.
How long in a cab from Oxford st to northern quarter?
I thought manchester was quite small. (Hearsay-I've never been.)

Mini05 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:53:16

5 mins cab 10 in traffic!! I wouldn't say Mcr was small.

Are you near Oxford rd stn when you have down what your here for?? If so say at most 10mins max to get to northern quarter and coming back give yourself 15 mins you won't need that but to give you time to walk to platform.

mrscumberbatch Wed 07-Jan-15 21:02:09

Yes staying at a hotel a street or so away. Fab.

You wouldn't happen to know of any wondrous breakfast places as well? Might as well make the most of it grin

ForSaleChesterDraws Wed 07-Jan-15 22:07:04

If you are getting a train from Oxford road, 99% the chance is it will stop at Piccadilly too, meaning the Northern quarter is easily in walking distance.

mrscumberbatch Wed 07-Jan-15 22:22:43

Ahh good tip. Ill double check that one!

Ottokitty Wed 07-Jan-15 23:09:41

Think Piccadilly train station is best stop to get to NQ quickly. Just behind Spa Satori is the very lovely Manchester Craft and Design Centre housed in former Victorian fish market. Great indie studios and very fine cafe serving healthy grub, wondrous coffee and good cakes. Enjoy!

mrscumberbatch Wed 07-Jan-15 23:13:47

I had heard about that but not sure if ill have time. It's absolutely my sort of thing though so ill need to do a quick dash through I am sure!!

Wideeyedandclueless Thu 08-Jan-15 06:47:50

I've never used that spa but Moose Coffee is amazing if you like American style breakfasts, time your visit right though, there was a queue out the door shortly after we arrived around 11.15 or so Moose

amy83firsttimer Thu 08-Jan-15 06:53:20

If you fancy revisiting your youth you could go look at what the alternative kids are up to at affleck's palace, there's a greasy spoon on the top floor. Lots of goth stuff etc in the shops in there.

amy83firsttimer Fri 09-Jan-15 18:19:05

How was your time in Manchester?

mrscumberbatch Fri 09-Jan-15 18:29:10

Not there yet- it's soon though. Just making sure that I make the most of my time and booking places in advance x

amy83firsttimer Fri 09-Jan-15 18:55:44

Aah, enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now