Advanced search

Why is my eyeshadow no longer staying put?

(15 Posts)
WellTidy Wed 07-Jan-15 15:42:54

I am finding that my mid afternoon, my eyeshadow is basically not there anymore, and some of it has accumulated under my eyes making me look a bit panda eyed.

I wear subtle, neutral colours. I've tried using more matt shades in case it was the shimmery colours that weren't sticking, but it hasn't made a difference.

I've swapped from my usual MUA to Estee lauder in case it was a quality thing, btu it hasn't made a difference.

I use eyeshadow primer (MUA one).

What am I doing wrong?!

ForSaleChesterDraws Wed 07-Jan-15 15:45:48

Definitely change your primer. I can recommend Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Not a crease with it.

WellTidy Wed 07-Jan-15 15:49:15

I thought that might be it. Thanks for the recommendation.

bwow Wed 07-Jan-15 16:00:25

Maybe it's MUAs fault, I used to use the mua primer and it was really good. Then I'm sure they changed the formula. Urban decay primer potion is good. It's around £20 but with every day usage mine lasted a year.

WellTidy Wed 07-Jan-15 16:02:07

Funny you should say that bwow, this is a new tube of eye primer that I'm using. My eyeshadow didn't seem to fall off when I was using my old tube which ran out.

ForSaleChesterDraws Wed 07-Jan-15 16:03:10

UDPP made my eyes red raw. So many people love it.

bwow Wed 07-Jan-15 16:08:35

I'm sure they did, it was brilliant and bloggers were raving about it! If it's not broke...

squoosh Wed 07-Jan-15 16:26:20

The Nars primer is the best.

cocoblu Wed 07-Jan-15 16:32:23

try mac painterly as your eye primer, its not strictly a primer but I find it works really well as one.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 07-Jan-15 22:02:37

I've seen Benefit Lemon Aid well reviewed (not tried it myself but I'm considering buying some)

TheCraicDealer Wed 07-Jan-15 23:42:36

Agree with coco, the MAC paintpots are brilliant.

coffeenut Thu 08-Jan-15 04:06:31

Agree - MAC painterly (paint pot), i also use it as a concealer

Charlieneedscoffee Thu 08-Jan-15 09:32:31

I have the same problem and with mascara. I'm currently using NARs eye primer. I have used urban decay & benefit but neither worked for me.

Mac might have to be my next buy. wink

WellTidy Tue 13-Jan-15 08:36:58

Well, I had a Debenhams voucher for my birthday and so I bought the Urban Decay primer yesterday. No Mac in the local Debenhams, so that wasn't an option. I have used it today, so I will report back on it works for me. Fingers crossed! I have thrown the MUA one away anyway.

WellTidy Tue 13-Jan-15 13:53:52

Update: eyeshadow is still well and truly in place. With the MUA primer, I would be wiping it away from under my eyes by now. I'm delighted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now