Talk

Advanced search

Wedding in 18 months

(4 Posts)
fingersandthumbs Wed 07-Jan-15 15:06:43

Advice and guidance from the more knowledgeable please.

I am due to get married in a little over 18 months time. It will be a second wedding for both of us. I will be 47 when we get married and would appreciate some advice regarding what I can do now that will benefit my skin and hopefully make me look radiant on our wedding photos. If I also look younger even better!

Yes I know its vain but I look back on old photos and don't think I "glow" in any of them and I really want to look my very best.

I don't think I look too bad and I don't seem to be troubled with problematic skin. It is a little dry in places and I get the occasional hormonal spot, not too many lines although just starting to get a few laughter lines. But it does seem to be noticeably starting to sag now.

My current routine involves moisturiser and sunscreen daily and occasionally some exfoliation. I don't wear heavy make up at work which is office based but I do spend several hours outside each day whatever the weather. I don't have hours to spend every day on a new routine and I don't have a huge bank account to fund botox/fillers or a facelift.

Any advice particularly keeping in mind a limited budget would be gratefully received.

appleblossom23 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:22:21

Congratulations! Hope the wedding planning is coming along nicely. Why don't you come and join us on the princessing 2015 thread? It's a follow on from the Countdown to Christmas one, which was a follow on from lots of previous princessing/grooming threads! No idea how to do links, but the original idea came from someone who thought that spending some time and effort to look your best for a big event (I think it might have been the royal wedding a few years ago) was a good way to motivate yourself. We have lists of things we do to try and look and feel the best we can. Hope to see you there. smile

fingersandthumbs Thu 08-Jan-15 10:04:54

Thank you appleblossom23, I'll look out for the thread

specialsubject Thu 08-Jan-15 10:17:16

there's nothing you can do to fight gravity or time. What you are doing with sunscreen is good, in addition don't smoke and eat properly.

take exercise, be fit and toned, and be happy on the big day (and all other days). That's all that matters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now