Talk

Advanced search

kids (8 &10 yrs) warm coats - best place to buy / brands?

(12 Posts)
Newhere2 Wed 07-Jan-15 14:57:38

Hello,

Ideally looking for something really warm but not too bulky. I (like many I imagine) find it hard getting puffer coats onto the ds/dd. Any advice on brands I should go for for warmth that aren't too bulky. On sale would be an added bonus!

thanks

BelindaAllWorkedOut Wed 07-Jan-15 15:00:24

I just bought these for my DDs (I prefer down filled over poly filled) and can't believe they are £20 www.zara.com/uk/en/sale/kids/girl/coats/down-jacket-with-furry-hood-and-belt-c705501p2004654.html

Newhere2 Wed 07-Jan-15 15:34:16

they look really nice. Are they really puffy?

jeee Wed 07-Jan-15 15:35:10

Mountain Warehouse

CMOTDibbler Wed 07-Jan-15 15:36:09

My ds has a down coat from Lands End, v warm but v light and easy to get on

GobblersKnob Wed 07-Jan-15 15:36:44

Uniqlo have lots of great stuff in the sale.

WellTidy Wed 07-Jan-15 15:39:05

I always buy DS (now 7) decent warm coats from M&S. I don't know what their range is like now, but its extensive in September/October. His coat at the moment is a bum length, extra warm one with a fur edged hood. its lined in a sheepskin type material and it is super toasty. I think it was �36 full price. Its not at all bulky.

Next also does a very warm boys coat at the top of their own range.

Newhere2 Wed 07-Jan-15 16:20:14

thanks. CMOT what one do they have?

WowOoo Wed 07-Jan-15 16:55:29

We got ds a down one from Zara. I think it's 50% down.But it's not bulky at all. He's been so warm he's hasn't wanted to wear his jumper underneath.
I'm very happy with it and it's washed well.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Wed 07-Jan-15 18:03:46

Newhere -, the Zara coats aren't that bulky, they are 180g fill weight in size 7-8 which isn't v light, but isn't that toasty, either. I forgot that the girls already have Trespass waterproof and wind proof, fleece lined coats that woll actually do the job, so will return the Zara ones as they aren't waterproof and wind proof. If we have a v frosty spell, I could always just buy Uniqlo down filled vests or jackets, and layer them under the Trespass coats.

CMOTDibbler Wed 07-Jan-15 18:37:07

They haven't got the exact one on the website atm, but its similar to this though his has a hood and cuffs like the parka

5madthings Wed 07-Jan-15 18:39:29

We just.got the madhting.new.coats from mountain.warehouse/trespass. Windproof.and.waterproof.and.about £20 each in the sale. Great colours and not too bulky.as mine ride bikes.etc.in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now