Talk

Advanced search

Epilators

(7 Posts)
MixenLane Wed 07-Jan-15 12:47:13

Mine is now 10 years old and needs replacing. It's a Philips one but I don't know which model.
I'd like to get some recommendations please, I don't need a wet/dry setting, prefer to use it on dry skin.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 07-Jan-15 13:28:41

<<nosing in on thread>>

I have an ancient Emjoi opti-mini. It does the job, no frills'n'fancies (I know some have a 'numbing' strip or you can use them in the bath ) but I only use it on my legs. (Hot wax on armpits and bikini but it takes too much concentration to wax my legs. Much easier just to waft the epilator over them smile )

MixenLane Sun 11-Jan-15 17:50:59

Hopeful bump.

FillWithWineToActivate Sun 11-Jan-15 18:18:04

Emjoi optima, I have had loads before and that is THE BEST!

MixenLane Sun 11-Jan-15 21:52:51

Well, two mentions for Emjoi, a brand I've never heard of! Will look into it, thank you both.

appleblossom23 Sun 11-Jan-15 23:01:38

I've got a braun silk epil 7. It is amazing. I've had 2 before, one a primitive torture device which I got nearly 20 years ago, and then a more refined model a few years after that, but this braun one is just light years ahead. It is a wet/dry model which I'm not that bothered about, but it's efficient, really not that painful, has a shaver head, a trimmer, a couple of other bits n bobs for doing small places, a light so you can see every last tiny hair. I do legs, underarms and bikini line with it with no problems. Totally worth every penny (and I don't think I spent more than £50 on it because I got it from amazon!!) HTH

Chandon Mon 12-Jan-15 08:25:06

I om on my 2nd Braun silkepil (started 25 years ago!).

They last and do a good job.

Doen't hurt me either.

Quick and efficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now