Talk

Advanced search

Denim shirt

(7 Posts)
StrikesMatches Wed 07-Jan-15 11:27:04

I've gone through my wardrobe and come around to the notion that a denim shirt should be the last essential piece to plug gaps. I have found this Levis one but I'm not sure if the colour is a bit light? I am hoping to wear it over black skinny jeans / navy trousers, and tucked into a leather or grey wool skirt. What colour are the cool kids wearing? Tbh, the main draw to this one is the price and the fact that I have some HoF vouchers I'd prefer to use up.

Sunmakesmesmile Wed 07-Jan-15 13:24:38

I recently got a denim shirt from gap (tall) which is darker, I think it was in the sale, if you're not in need of a tall fitting one they had a wider range of denim colours. I personally would go for a chambray finish if you wanted a lighter colour but that's just my preference. J Crew have quite a range too, the one I'm after, again from the tall range is annoyingly on back order till....May!
I'm getting a lot of use out of mine so I think it's a good gap to fill!

StrikesMatches Wed 07-Jan-15 18:15:44

I'm definitely on the short side of tall smile There is a nice chambray shirt on hof, and it's a bit darker, so I might chance it. Thanks for the suggestion, my brain was stuck on denim!

frankietwospots Wed 07-Jan-15 18:44:54

Chambray is very flattering. I think the Levis one is a bit too light to be honest. I've got a mid-blue New Look one that I picked up in a charity shop and I noticed that have quite a few in their sale at the mo.

BlueEyedWonder Wed 07-Jan-15 19:00:07

I got a mid blue petite fit one from New Look. Less than £20 and has been a good buy.

Romcom Wed 07-Jan-15 20:04:53

I've had a gap dark ish blue one in my wardrobe for years. Probably about a decade. It still looks fresh, probably my longest serving wardrobe item!

StrikesMatches Fri 09-Jan-15 13:38:10

Ended up getting a lovely one in Primark! and a check one, and three jumpers, and 4 vests. Remembers why I don't go into Primark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now